| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse.
|A Nice Girl Like You|
|Publication date||August 18, 1999|
|Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic #12|
A Boy Named Sue
Love Sick Blues, Part One
|Published by||Dark Horse Comics|
|Cover artist(s)|| Randy Green,|
Tim Townsend &
A Nice Girl Like You (also known as Food Chain, Part One) is the twelfth issue of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic series. It was written by Christopher Golden and illustrated by Christian Zanier.
The new girl in Sunnydale, by all appearances, is your typical sweet, intelligent high-school senior, except for one thing — the crowd she runs with! She hangs out with more punks and delinquents than in juvenile hall, yet Buffy still finds something… different about her.
- Buffy avoids seeing mummies at the museum due to "bad memories", in reference to the incident in episode "Inca Mummy Girl".
- Brad will once again deal with a lower being in The Food Chain, attempting to raise Quafongg.
- Mr. Baird (Only mentioned)
- Brad Caulfield
- Cordelia Chase
- Enki (Only mentioned)
- Rupert Giles
- Alexander Harris
- Marduk (Only mentioned)
- Daniel Osbourne
- Willow Rosenberg
- Buffy Summers
- Joyce Summers
- Egypt (Only mentioned)
- Japan (Only mentioned)
- Chicago, USA (Only mentioned)
- Sunnydale, USA
Weapons and Objects
- Ylisandroth, killed by Buffy Summers.
Behind the Scenes
- The photo cover features a promotional picture taken for Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 3.
- Originally titled A Nice Girl Like You, this story was collected under the title Food Chain, Part One, as the first part to the story The Food Chain.
Pop Culture References
- Buffy mentions the rap group Beastie Boys.