|Buffy: The Making of a Slayer|
|Publication date||December 11, 2012|
“Buffy: The Making of a Slayer” was an illustrated reference book by Nancy Holder, based on Buffy the Vampire Slayer series. It included quotes from the cast and crew and behind the scenes details from all seasons.
It featured a hardcover book with foil-stamped cover, foil-stamped clamshell slipcase with magnetic closure, and an envelope containing 13 removable artifacts.
Celebrating the 15th anniversary of Joss Whedon’s Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV series, this lavishly produced book is the first authorized, fully illustrated retrospective of the hit show.
Focusing on the making of the series, the book explores the characters and mythology of the Buffy universe and follows the evolution of all seven seasons. Die-hard Whedon fans will also learn about his involvement in other projects, including Angel, Firefly, and more. Housed in a foil-stamped slipcase, this volume features more than 120 images, including rare behind-the-scenes photos, sketches, props and memorabilia from the Twentieth Century Fox archives, along with stills from the most pivotal on-screen moments.
Tucked in the inside cover of the case is an envelope holding “Slayer Lore: Texts and Magicks for the Battle.” These 13 removable pieces are replicas of the ancient spells and prophecies the characters used on-screen to defeat vampires, demons, and other monsters, making this a treasure-trove for every Buffy fan.
Behind the Scenes
- The book's foreword was written by Amber Benson.
- The "Slayer Lore: Texts and Magicks for the Battle" envelope includes the following replicas:
- two pages from a 1793 watcher's diary about an original Slayer named Rebecca;
- two pages on the Harvest (used in "The Harvest");
- Willow's transcription of the Ritual of Restoration (used in "Becoming, Part Two");
- a page describing Eyghon (used in “The Dark Age”);
- floor plans of City Hall (used in "Choices");
- an historical essay on "Earshot" mouthless demon;
- Olivia' sketch of the Gentlemen (used in "Hush");
- newspaper clippings on the Lowell House (used in "Where the Wild Things Are");
- a page on the Word of Valios (used in "Doomed");
- a page on the Lethe's Bramble (used in "All the Way" and "Once More, with Feeling");
- a parchment in Nezzla language (used in "Seeing Red");
- a demon shadow caster (used in "Get It Done");
- a shadow caster manual (used in "Get It Done").