| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse.
|Dance With Me|
|Publication date||November 17, 1998|
|Published in||TV Guide: Nov 21-27, 1998|
|Published by||Dark Horse Comics|
Dance With Me is a short story of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic comic book series.
There's a dance at Sunnydale High tonight. Any other girl would be there laughing, gossiping, dancing. But much as she'd like to be… much as it pains her… Buffy Summers isn't like other girls. She's the Chosen One. She's the Vampire Slayer.
Buffy is at the cemetery during a patrol, although there's a school dance that night she'd rather be in. She founds an unconscious woman and discovers she's still alive, and concludes she had just interrupted someone's "snack". The vampire in questions appears, and he tells Buffy he'd been leaving a trail of bodies expecting to bring her into him, and asks the Slayer if now she'd dance with him.
Buffy recognizes him as Gary, who also attended Sunnydale High and had been repeatedly asking her to the upcoming dance, despite her multiple refuses. He then strikes her, glad she remembers him, and angrily tells her she was sweet in her easy rejections to such a loser like him, but he got sick of being a geek. Gary then says the pity on Buffy's eyes was worse than the cruelty, but now that he had changed and become a vampire she'd have to dance with him.
Buffy tells him she won't have pity then, and calls him to dance, but as a fight, and reaches her stake into his heart. With his dust still falling, Xander and Willow arrive to invite Buffy to the dance, and ask her about her apparent distress. She answers she isn't okay, but will be after she dances with her friends.
- The story takes place sometime before the last dance at Sunnydale High School ("The Prom"), and presumably after the first dance of the Scoobies' senior year ("Homecoming").
Organizations and Titles
- Sunnydale High School dance
Weapons and Objects
Behind the Scenes
- This story was originally published exclusively for TV Guide magazine, issue November 21–27, 1998.
Pop Culture References
- Xander exclaims "Zoinks!", which has the earliest and most commonly known usage in the Scooby-Doo cartoon franchise.
- ↑ "Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic #15: Cold Turkey/Dance With Me". comiXology. Retrieved January 04, 2018.