|Day Off (or Harmony in My Head)|
|Publication date||December 24, 2014|
|Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Ten #10|
Return to Sunnydale, Part Two
Love Dares You, Part One
|Published by||Dark Horse Comics|
|Editor(s)||Sierra Hahn & Scott Allie|
|Cover artist(s)|| Steve Morris|
|Letterer(s)||Richard Starkings & Jimmy Betancourt|
With the responsibility of writing new rules in the Vampyr book, Buffy and crew are literally the bosses of all magic – but as more baddies learn who has the power, protecting the book is becoming a full-time job!
- This issue maintains the tradition of Harmony centric episodes using her name in the title: "Disharmony", "Harm's Way", Harmonic Divergence, Harmony Bites, Harmony Comes to the Nation, In Perfect Harmony.
- Willow recalls that Buffy saved Theo Daniels' life (Guarded, Part Three), and her time working at Doublemeat Palace (Buffy season 6).
- Willow says she's desperate for a job; she has mentioned her unemployment in I Wish, Part One.
- Spike gets to work as a supernatural crime consultant for the S.F.P.D., as Xander suggested in I Wish, Part Two.
- With the appearance of a leprechaun, this issue ends the running joke in the show that, despite all the mythical beings that existed in the universe, leprechauns were not one of them ("Faith, Hope & Trick," "Double or Nothing," "Unleashed").
- Buffy mentions her disagreement with Willow "the past year" during Season 9, due to the destruction of Seed of Wonder and consequential end of magic.
- Buffy and D'Hoffryn discuss about the attacks of the Soul Glutton (Return to Sunnydale, Part One) and the Mistress (I Wish, Part Two).
- Buffy and Vicki mention their last encounter, in which the vampire helped her and the Scooby Gang against zompires, only to then turn the battle against Buffy and her friends (New Rules, Part One).
- Harmony meets Buffy and Willow for the first time since "Crush" and "The Harsh Light of Day" respectively.
- Clem meets Buffy and Spike for the first time since "Empty Places" and "Potential" respectively.
- Harmony mentions her Harmony Rules from (In Perfect Harmony), which Vicki and her associates had agreed ti abide.
- Dawn mentions Buffy being a dedicated slayer since she was a sophomore ("Welcome to the Hellmouth"),
- Spike and Harmony talk about their sexual encounter in Spike and Faith.
- Clem express knowledge about the Vampyr book monkey's paw propriety, explored in New Rules, Part Four.
- Spike recalls the time he and Buffy destroyed an abandoned house ("Smashed").
- Buffy Summers
- Willow Rosenberg
- Xander Harris
- Dawn Summers
- Harmony Kendall
- Cedric the Slime Man
- Lucky Cat
- Soul Glutton
- The Sculptor
- The Mistress
- Angel (Only in visions)
- Illyria (Only in visions)
- Dracula (Only in visions)
- The Master (Only in visions)
- Robert Dowling (Only mentioned)
- Theo Daniels (Only mentioned)
- Mike (Only mentioned)
- Dullahan (Only mentioned)
Organization and Titles
- Scooby Gang
- Magic Council (Only mentioned)
- San Francisco Police Department (Only mentioned)
- New vampire
- Loose-Skinned Demon
- Lucky Cat
- Brownie (Only mentioned)
- Banshee (Only mentioned)
- San Francisco, California
- Antioch, California
- Black Diamonds Mine
Weapons and Objects
Behind the Scenes
- "I Wish"
Pop Culture References
- The title is s reference to Buzzcocks's song "Harmony in My Head" (1979).
- Buffy has a poster of Gustav Klimt's painting The Kiss (Lovers) in her bedroom wall.
- Buffy quotes "Always after me lucky charms" from the movie Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (1997).
- Buffy had a poster of Gustav Klimt's painting "The Kiss" in her bedroom wall.
- Harmony compares herself to Mahatma Gandhi's leadership and non-violent stance.
- Buffy says they don't make enough Hemsworth brothers, referring to Chris, Liam and Luke Hemsworth.
- Harmony references Fifty Shades of Grey.
- Harmony mentions IKEA furniture.
- Dawn mentions the Bechdel test.
- Spike mentions Penthouse Forum.
- Clem compares the magic rules' behavior to "The Monkey's Paw" (1902) short story.