|Publication date||March 22, 2017|
|Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 11 #5|
Back to the Wall
|Published by||Dark Horse Comics|
|Cover artist(s)|| Steve Morris|
Dexter Vines &
|Letterer(s)|| Richard Starkings &|
Buffy is trying hard to keep things civil in the Safe Zone, but certain residents seem to be pushing for confrontations of any kind — and the death toll is rising. Buffy is not making any new friends. Meanwhile, Willow is doing all she can to get fellow Wiccans released from camp — and if that means magic, she has plenty to use.
- Buffy compares her job as a trustee with her experience from "Doublemeat Palace".
- Ogre appears for the fist time, inciting against Buffy. She will eventually confront him in Back to the Wall, Part Six.
- Willow had previously declared Calliope Strachan couldn’t “even conjure foxfire” (In Time of Crisis), something she has apparently learned at the Safe Zone.
- Linda Martin (Only mentioned)
- Willow Rosenberg
- Lake Stevens
- Calliope Strachan
- Buffy Summers
- Dawn Summers (Only mentioned)
Organization and TitlesEdit
Weapons and ObjectsEdit
Rituals and SpellsEdit
- Calming spell
Behind the ScenesEdit
- The variant cover features a “deleted scene” from the issue, with script by Christos Gage, illustration by Georges Jeanty, inks by Dexter Vines, and colors by Dan Jackson.
Pop Culture ReferencesEdit
- Buffy compares her treatment as a traitor to general Benedict Arnold, who switched sides to the British Army during the American Revolutionary War.
- Jordan calls Willow “no-longer-teenage-witch”, a reference to Sabrina, the Teenage Witch.
- The variant cover features a demon that resembles fellow Dark Horse Comics character Hellboy. His appearance is an often cameo in Buffy the Vampire Slayer comics.
- Desperate Measures was the 197º best selling comic issue in its publishing month, with 10,869 sales in March 2017 at comic specialty stores.
- This issue has Buffy’s only vampire slaying of the season.