|Publication date||May 24, 2017|
|Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 11 #7|
"Back to the Wall"
|Published by||Dark Horse Comics|
|Cover artist(s)|| Steve Morris|
|Letterer(s)|| Richard Starkings &|
Having determined that breaking out of the Safe Zone is impossible, Buffy and Willow struggle with the decision of having their magic removed so that they can return to the world outside — in the hopes that breaking in to the magical internment camp might go easier. But once their magic is gone, will two normal human girls be able to succeed?
- Sam recalls the supernatural crisis involving Rome and Buenos Aires in the previous year (In Pieces on the Ground, Part One), revealing she and Riley had been deployed to these events.
- Willow mentions the time in Tibet when she and other Slayer Organization members had to refrain from using their powers (Retreat, Part Two).
- This issue confirms the canonicity of "Pratt" as Spike's last name. It was first mentioned in Spike: Old Times (non-canon) and in "Spike: Asylum" (dubious canon).
- Riley Finn
- Samantha Finn
- Xander Harris (Only mentioned)
- Malloy (Only mentioned)
- Linda Martin (Only mentioned)
- Ophelia Reyes
- Willow Rosenberg
- Lake Stevens
- Calliope Strachan
- Buffy Summers
- Dawn Summers (Only mentioned)
- Joanna Wise
Organization and Titles
- Buenos Aires, Argentina (Only mentioned)
- Rome, Italy (Only mentioned)
- United States
- Safe Zone
- San Francisco (Only mentioned)
Weapons and Objects
Behind the Scenes
- The variant cover features a “deleted scene” from the issue, written by Christos Gage and illustrated by Rebekah Isaacs.
Pop Culture References
- Willow says “I'll be in my bunk”, a probable a reference to the famous quote from Firefly TV series.