- "My hat has a cow."
- ―Buffy Summers, having become part of the Doublemeat experience.[src]
- "Like how the cow and the chicken come together even though they've never met. It's like Sleepless in Seattle if, if Meg and Tom were, like, minced."
- ―Buffy Summers[src]
Doublemeat Palace's specialty was the "Doublemeat Medley": a pure beefy patty above the mid-bun and a slice of processed chicken product below the mid-bun. Plus pickles, and the secret ingredient. However, Willow Rosenberg discovered that, on closer inspection of the burger, it was actually made of vegetables; a formed and textured vegetable-based meat-like product, suitable for grinding that was blended with large amounts of rendered beef fat for flavor. Therefore, the secret ingredient in the beef was really beef. Vampires themselves found those who ate a Doublemeat Burger inedible.
- "You've seen us in your city or small town across the American West. You've ordered our delicious food, from our happy employees! But now you're seeing it all from a different way, you're seeing it from behind the counter! Because you've just become part of the DoubleMeat experience!"
- ―Doublemeat Palace training video[src]
The doublemeat employees were much less enthusiastic than the introductory video claimed. Many were monotone, emotionally traumatized and disgruntled.
After Angel and what was left of Angel Investigations reversed the fall of Los Angeles, Doublemeat Palace started to build their Los Angeles branch just where the Wolfram & Hart Los Angeles Branch was before the destruction of the Circle of the Black Thorn, the murder of Marcus Hamilton and the rebellion against Wolfram & Hart.
Last Angel in Hell
- "Doublemeat food is so delicious even the OverLorne gives it props."
- ―A line from Last Angel in Hell[src]
Doublemeat Palace was involved in a product placement deal with Last Angel in Hell, a Hollywood film adaptation of the fall of Los Angeles, starring Nicholas Cage as Angel Cartwright. The film heavily promoted the restaurant chain onscreen, while the Doublemeat Palace gave away free toys with each meal.
- In "As You Were", Buffy sings only a portion of the Doublemeat Palace jingle. She goes "Get the double treat, that's the double sweet, oh it's hard to beat, when the meat meets--".