| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse.
|Angel Comic Books|
|Publication date||July 2006|
|Published by||IDW Publishing|
|Written by||Jeff Mariotte|
|Comic Book Collections|
Doyle: Spotlight is a comic based on the Angel television series.
Set just before the very first episode of Angel, this focuses on Doyle as he wandered the streets of L.A., depressed and isolated. After getting a vision about a young woman he knows named Misty, showing that she is in grave danger, he rushed to try and save her from a grisly fate. Unfortunately he is too late to save her. However, after some investigating he found the woman responsible for Misty's death; she was running a shop catering to human-eating demons, selling harvested human organs. Doyle battled her and defeated her, burning down her shop to make sure its contents were destroyed. Shortly afterwards, he went to meet Angel for the first time, with a message about a young woman named Tina.
- The comic is set immediately before "City of" and therefore contains multiple references to the episode. The vision of Tina is seen briefly and part of the conversation Doyle and Angel have from the episode is also shown.
- Doyle's past encounter with Lucas is mentioned briefly, along with a mention of The Scourge.The episode "Hero" depicts the confrontation with Lucas through a series of flashbacks. Doyle also sacrifices his life to stop The Scourge in the same episode,
- Allen Francis Doyle
- Lucas (Only in flashbacks)
- Unidentified demon
- Christina Clarke (Only in visions)
- Los Angeles, U.S.
- Rest Hotel
- Misty, killed by an unidentified demon
- Unidentified demon, fell out of window after attacking Doyle
Behind the Scenes
Pop Culture References
- Roseanne: While in the street of Los Angeles, a pedestrian calls to Doyle, first calling him "Healy" then "Mark". The actor who portrayed Doyle, Glenn Quinn, also portrayed Mark Healy on the sitcom Roseanne.
- Live Nude Girls: The background of one panel includes the words 'Live Nude Girls'. This is a reference to the film starring Glenn Quinn.
- Bruce Willis: Doyle mentions Bruce Willis, a famous American actor while talking about Irish action heroes. He is likely alluding to Willis' character, John McClane from Die Hard. McClane is of an Irish-American nationality.
- Will Smith: Doyle talks about Irish action heroes and mentions Will Smith during the discussion.
|“||Allen Francis Doyle: "This is who I am. Allen Francis Doyle. Half-demon, Drunk, two steps away from homeless, and with gamblin' issues to boot."|
|- Doyle: Spotlight||”|