Edna Giles, born Edna Fairweather, was a Watcher. She grew up to become a prominent member of the Watchers Council and the matriarch of a three-generation family of Watchers, which included both her son and, later, her grandson.
In her youth, Edna underwent training with the Watchers Council. She demonstrated herself to be extremely insightful, eventually outwitting Roche and Sophie Downs, two old and powerful vampires that had managed to deceive Edna's own teachers. Edna admitted to being in love with "the slightly older son" of the family that runs the local "Giles' Bakery." One of Edna's teachers observed that he "will be long gone from the Council by the time she's running it." This would seem to imply that Edna eventually became a leading member of the Council.
- "Never Kill a Boy on the First Date (Only mentioned)
- "Tales of the Vampires, Part One"
- "Tales of the Vampires, Part Two"
- "Tales of the Vampires, Part Three"
- "Tales of the Vampires, Part Four"
- "Tales of the Vampires, Part Five"