|Girl Blue, Part Two|
|Publication date||March 28, 2018|
|Giles: Girl Blue #2|
Girl Blue, Part One
Girl Blue, Part Three
|Published by||Dark Horse Comics|
|Writer(s)|| Erika Alexander &|
|Cover artist(s)|| Steve Morris|
Arielle Jovellanos &
|Letterer(s)|| Richard Starkings &|
ComiCraft’s Jimmy Betancourt
High school life is a rough go for Rupert Giles — as if being a grown man living inside a teenage body wasn’t hard enough. Crushing on each other, Giles and his mysterious new friend, Roux, navigate around the bullies in the hallways while they investigate the school-wide threat and missing staff and students — which they are certain is connected to some kind of demon…
- The demon reveals he had been defeated by Giles when he still had his adult appearance, as before his death in Last Gleaming, Part Four.
- Lloyd Addison
- Ed Crowe (Only mentioned)
- Rupert Giles
- Willow Rosenberg (Only mentioned)
- Truman (Only in visions)
- Ms. Wong (Only mentioned)
Organizations and Titles
- Kokomo, Jamaica (Only mentioned)
- Los Angeles, USA
- Sunnydale, USA (Only mentioned)
Behind the Scenes
Pop Culture References
- Roux refers to Giles as Sherlock Holmes.
- Addy compares Giles to Benjamin Button, from the short story The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.
- Addy mentions Hennessy cognac.
- Giles mentions the Oscar awards.
- The demon mentions Atlas, DARPA’s humanoid robot.
- The demon mentions the websites eBay and Twitter.
- Giles quotes the song “Who Let the Dogs Out?”.
Goofs, Bloopers & Continuity Errors
- Lloyd Addison refers to bottles of Hennessy cognac as “Hennessey”.
A “mixtape” is provided throughout the story:
- Devin Townsend — “March of the Poozers”
- Sarah Vaughn — “Black Coffee”
- Ibeyi feat. Mala Rodriguez — “Me Voy”
- John Barry — “Midnight Cowboy”
- Nas feat. Chrisette Michelle — “Can’t Forget About You”
- Judy Garland — “Zing! Went the Strings of My Heart”
- Bing Crosby — “Stardust”
- Led Zeppelin — “Black Dog”
- Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes — “Be for Real”
- Duke Ellington & Louis Armstrong — “Mood Indigo”
|Giles - “You rose from the dead to make a tool that make people dumber? How droll. Why not just watch the news?”|