| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse.
|He walks… he talks… he kills.|
|Author(s)|| Christopher Golden &|
|Publication date||November 01, 1997|
|Published by||Pocket Books|
Around Sunnydale, they say a scarecrow saturated with Halloween rain will come alive and slaughter anyone in sight. (Lovely place, Sunnydale.) Buffy’s best friends, Xander and Willow, used to think the tale was nonsense — but after a few adventures with Buffy, they’re not so sure.
Even without a maniacal scarecrow, a Sunnydale Halloween is a truly horrific happening. There are enough zombies and vampires about, ready to party hearty and eat some brains, to keep the Slayer and her friends up all night. And then rain starts to fall…
- Buffy’s use of a crossbow and references to The Master indicate that the novel takes place sometime after "Angel" but before "Prophecy Girl".
- Buffy Summers
- Rupert Giles
- Alexander Harris
- Willow Rosenberg
- Cordelia Chase
- Joyce Summers
- Glenn O'Leary
- Claire Bellamy
- Nick Daniels
- The Master (Only mentioned)
Organizations and Titles
Behind the Scenes
- "Halloween Rain" is the first original Buffy the Vampire Slayer novel, second only to the novelization "The Harvest" among all books.
- The cover features a promotional picture taken for Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 1.
Goofs, Bloopers & Continuity Errors
- The novel depicts Halloween as an event with higher supernatural activity. This contradicts the television series, which first states in "Halloween" that no supernatural activity occurs, contrary to expectations, a rule that appears as well in "Fear, Itself" and "All the Way". The novel was written before the first Halloween episode, but was released only days afterward.
- Dutch: "Halloween"
- Frech: "La Pluie d’Halloween" (Halloween Rain)
- German: "Halloween"
- Italian: "Il Ballo di Halloween" (The Halloween Dance)