|Harmony Comes to the Nation|
|Publication date||August 2009|
|Published in||Dark Horse Presents #25|
|Published by||Dark Horse Comics|
|Letterer(s)|| Richard Starkings &|
ComiCraft’s Jimmy Betancourt
Harmony Kendall appears on an episode of the talk show The Colbert Report. She talks to host Stephen Colbert about her reality show Harmony Bites, and her idea of cleansing the world of magic. Harmony rationalized her anti-Slayer stance while defending vampires feeding on humans. Finally, she suggested she might be replacing Barbara Walters as a host on the talk show The View, hinting at plans to kill her.
- Stephen Colbert is the only person on media that appears to not actively go against the Slayer Organization, in contrast to Anderson Cooper (Harmonic Divergence), Larry King (Swell), and Keith Olbermann (Carpe Noctem, Part One).
Organizations and Titles
- Slayer (Only mentioned)
Behind the Scenes
- Harmony Comes to the Nation was originally published in MySpace/Dark Horse Presents issue #25.
- This story follows the trend of stories entitled after Harmony: "Disharmony", "Harm's Way", Harmonic Divergence, and Harmony Bites. This will also continue with In Perfect Harmony and Day Off (or Harmony in My Head).
- "MySpace Dark Horse Presents Volume 5"
- "Season 8 Library Edition, Volume 3"
- "Buffy Omnibus: Season 8, Volume 1"
Pop Culture References
- Harmony is interviewed by Stephen Colbert at his talk show The Colbert Report.
- Stephen Colbert compares the end of magic with anti-Tinkerbell clap.
- Harmony mentions talk show The View and its host Barbara Walters.
|Harmony - “Think about it. We vampires have o drink blood to survive. We’re driven to kill. Slayers are not. It’s their choice to kill us. You tell me which is the greater evil.”|
|Stephen Colbert - “Well, you know I generally oppose people exercising their right to make choices.”|