|"I Wish, Part One"|
|Publication date||August 20, 2014|
|Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Ten #6|
"New Rules, Part Five"
"I Wish, Part Two"
|Published by||Dark Horse Comics|
|Penciller(s)|| Karl Moline|
|Cover artist(s)|| Steve Morris|
|Letterer(s)|| Richard Starkings|
What should have been a simple exorcism turns into a disaster for Buffy and the Scoobies when, instead of horrors, a demon fights back with blissful childhood fantasies!
- Buffy Summers
- Xander Harris
- Willow Rosenberg
- Dawn Summers
- Rupert Giles
- Andrew Wells
- Robert Dowling
- Brandon (San Francisco)
- Hamelin demon
- Haunted house landlady
- Joyce Summers (in illusion)
- Hank Summers (in illusion)
- Anne Pratt (in illusion)
- Anthony Harris (in illusion)
- Jessica Harris (in illusion)
- Anaheed (only mentioned)
- Sheila Rosenberg (only mentioned)
- Clem (only mentioned)
- Riley Finn (only mentioned)
- Cordelia Chase (only mentioned)
- Mr. Giles (only mentioned)
- Theo Daniels (only mentioned)
- Haunted house landlady's father (only mentioned)
Organization and Titles
- Scooby Gang
- San Francisco Police Department
- San Francisco Police Department Supernatural Crimes Unit
- Deepscan (only mentioned)
- Watchers Academy (only mentioned)
- Magic Council
- San Francisco
- Xander and Dawn's apartment
- Buffy's apartment
- Haunted house
- Santa Rosita (only mentioned)
- Oakland (only mentioned)
- Hamelin demon's hell dimension
Weapons and Objects
Behind the Scenes
Pop Culture References
- Xander exclaims "Mighty sarlacc!", a reference to the fictional creature from Star Wars.
- Spike mentions Andrew's 12 inch Boba Fett figure complete with Wookiee scalps, also from Star Wars.
- Dawn wears a shirt with the image of Totoro on it, from the 1988 Japanese animated film My Neighbor Totoro.
- Under the demon's influence Xander imagines his mother saying she's glad he's having a Dungeons and Demons-themed prom.
- Realizing that what he's seeing is fake, Xander calls his parents replicants, which are androids from the film Blade Runner.
- Running into Willow inside the illusion, Xander asks if she is a pod person, a reference to the 1956 film Invasion of the Body Snatchers, its 1978 remake, and the 1955 science-fiction novel it was based on.
|Buffy - “You gave notice before you found new places? Do you know what it costs to live in this town? I do....now.”|
|Dawn - “Well, I mean it’d be weird for us to keep living together when we’re…y’know, working things out.”|
|Xander - “Wait! Giles! Our wealthy English sugar da-uh, friend! We’ve got a bit of a problem...”|
|Giles - “Yes, your shouting tends to carry. But I’m afraid my holdings are far from liquid at the moment. Shockingly enough, I’m having trouble convincing the banks that I am a legally dead middle-aged librarian.”|
|Buffy - “Andrew…last time I was unconscious around you, I woke up a pregnant robot.”|
|Andrew - “Ah. Yes. I can see how that would lead to unresolved trust issues.”|
|Giles - “Buffy said you had a job. As she put it, ‘something grown up with pantsuits’.”|
|Willow - “Turns out they frown on employees going walkabout in mystic dimensions for weeks on end. But I know computers. I’ll be okay. I hope.”|
|Giles - “Simple exorcism. I’ve done dozens. We can help the departed, the living…and ourselves. Thank you Detective. Allow me to buy you another stout. Oh, waiter!”|
|Dowling - “Let me. Or I might have to arrest you.”|
|Giles - “Yes, right. Bugger.”|
|Giles - “I was denied a proper childhood when Father sent me to Watcher Academy. It seems I never truly acknowledged how much that marked me. I suppose I’ll need to learn new ways to come to grips with feelings I suppressed the first time around.”|
|D’Hoffryn - “Yes. And quickly. For magic returned, the barriers between worlds are weakened. Wisdom is required to determine how best to prevent an incursion of-”|
|Buffy - “Hey. D’Hoffryn. Some of us have souls, and we’ve just had ‘em stomped on, so tell your magic council we’re gonna need some time -”|
|Giles - “No. It’s fine. After all…will anything truly be different tomorrow?”|