Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"In Perfect Harmony"|
|Publication date||December 28, 2011|
|Angel & Faith #5|
"Live Through This, Part Four"
"Daddy Issues, Part One"
|Published by||Dark Horse Comics|
|Editor(s)||Scott Allie & Sierra Hahn|
|Cover artist(s)|| Steve Morris|
Rebekah Isaacs & Dan Jackson
|Letterer(s)||Richard Starkings & Jimmy Betancourt|
"In Perfect Harmony" is the fifth issue of the Angel & Faith comic book series.
Faith and Angel were in Giles' apartment, as Angel thought about his past and his life in Los Angeles and also about his present now and his quest to bring back Giles. He heard a knock on the door and that reminded him of his past, when people used to come into Angel Investigations asking for his help. He opened the door and he suddenly remembered why he quit....it's Harmony!
And Clem. Harmony looked happy to see Angel again and Faith had absolutely no clue who those "people" were. Clem and Angel made the necessary introductions to Faith and Angel invited them into the house.
Harmony then talked about the purpose of her visit. She needed Angel's help to investigate something, someone was blackmailing her. She showed them a tape which was recorded while she was having sex with somebody. Angel closed his eyes, extremely uncomfortable, while Faith wondered what the problem was since those things usually help untalented blond chicks. This soon became apparant, when, at the end of the tape, Harmony sired her lover.
More explanations followed. The man was dying from cancer and he had asked Harmony to make him a vampire and that was a long time ago, before she became famous. And also, he was dead, well, even more dead, since a slayer killed him again. But now Harmony who was the leader of Reform Vampirism only bites after permission and not enough to kill the person. Angel still was not convinced and didn't want to help but Clem stepped in explaining how things have changed now in the world and how much Harmony was important since her rules are the only ones that still apply and she was an inspiration now to the world. If anything happened to her or to her image, there were plenty of vampires out there who look at humans only as a feeding source and would stop listening to Harmony and start killing humans again.
Then they all went to Harmony's apartment. Clem gave Angel an envelope and Angel commented that there was no postmark so Harmony called him a grandpa saying that it came with a flash drive and she explained even better saying that the tape was hers. She had made it when her show had been canceled thinking that it could help her with her career but she hadn't used it since. Faith asked her who had access to her private stuff and Harmony started naming a bunch of people, basically everyone that came to her parties! So they try to narrow it down by thinking about who would benefit from the exposure of Harmony's tape. Clem gave them Harmony's hate letters and Angel thought that these days vampires who sired people were not hard to track down. Newly sired now were zompires and we got a better explanation from Angel. The demonic essence could not enter our dimension to inhabit the body but only could animate it.
They all went out and they found some vampires and some zompires. Harmony had a hard time understanding what this had to do with her problem but agreed that it was a terrible thing when Angel got mad at her, well she needed his help after all. Faith turned her head only to find out that Clem brought Harmony's dogs with them, they couldn't find a babysitter for them. When the vampires see them order an attack on them, Faith and Angel took the zompires asking Harmony to take care of the vampires. But the vampires understood that Harmony's weak spot were her dogs and they went after Clem but, he seemed to have some aces hidden and he defended himself killing the vampires.
So they killed most of them, leaving two to interrogate. They asked the vampire about the tape, but it seemed surprised about it telling Harmony that he was a fan of hers and he had all her other 12 sex tapes and he asked her to sign them. The other vampire got mad at him, revealing that he had also left a hate letter into Harmony's apartment hoping to see her naked there. Faith killed the second vampire while the first one commented that a sex tape of Harmony siring a man would make rich anyone. So Angel and Faith understood that after all it has to be somebody who really hated Harmony, or else he could give the tape to the press and become rich. No need for blackmail, that tape could make anyone a millionaire.
They went back to Harmony's place trying to narrow down the list, but Harmony didn't really help them in that. So Angel asked her to tell them the people she killed or she sired but she had absolutely no idea of their names, unlike Angel who seemed to remember every single one he killed and sired.
Harmony said that because of her people and vampires now live in harmony and she was able to adjust to the new world unlike Angel. And she decided to help Angel instead of paying him by improving his image since his reputation was even more terrible than Buffy's. She asked her assistant to start a rumor saying that he wanted to take some good humans with him in the new universe that he created and bury what really happened, while Angel surprised tried to say that that was his intention.
Harmony tried even more, thinking that maybe they should film a sex tape with both of them but Angel refused it immediately. Harmony said he denied it due to losing his soul in a moment of perfect happiness (while it actually mostly came down to Angel's dislike of her), told to her assistant to make the best she can with what she has, while Angel still tried to understand who blackmailed Harmony by narrowing down the list to disgruntled employees. But Faith seemed to kind of like Harmony's idea. She looked at her, she had no guilt of what she had done before and basically she had made more of a difference than they had ever done. And basically they were all murderers, well, beside Clem. Faith's point was that maybe they should think of letting go of their past for a little. But Angel asked her what she was scared of: the idea of thinking too much about what they had done or what would they became if they forgot? And Faith realized that the idea would be a waste of time. And she decided to take things into her hands by following what she knew best: kick some @ss.
So they all went (well, not the dogs!) to bars and cemeteries trying to find information but nothing works. Harmony found a chance for some good old strip-tease in a bar and Faith commented that "those" are fake. Harmony talked to David Tennant, who wondered why Harmony thought he wanted to hurt her. Harmony said he knew how jealous people could get when they realize they don't matter as much as them. But forget all that. Harmony thought she had found something that got bigger than it looked... and it was not a TARDIS.
So everything was in vain, no clues, no motives, no opportunity. And Angel decided that the best idea was for Harmony to go ahead and release the tape herself. "I was bad but I've changed", like Faith recommended to her to comment on it. Harmony seemed to like the sound of it but Clem reacted telling her not to do that because he would find who blackmailed her. When Harmony wondered if he could do that Angel says yes, because basically Clem was the one blackmailing Harmony. Clem tried to justify himself by saying that she didn't value him and she didn't pay him not even the minimum salary, but Angel told him to reveal the real reason behind it. Clem was in love with Harmony, he tried to tell her many times but she couldn't understand it so he thought of the blackmail trying to look as a hero to her but he didn't expect that she would seek for Angel's help. And now he was miserable because he lost the woman he loves and his best friend. But Harmony told him that he hadn't lost her, but she didn't love him since she only dates tens. With great fame comes great responsibility so she must only boink good looking people. If Clem got a cover with her with the kind of face he had, that would be the worst thing for her career, but she would give him a raise.
Angel believed that she couldn't keep on pretending that some things never happened, but surprisingly Clem agreed and he was happy with Harmony's words at him! So Harmony once again told Angel that letting go was a good thing and he should try it as well.
So she gave him her assistance's plan to improve his image in an envelope as a payment and told him to move on with his life. Angel and Faith were struck dump with amazement while watching Harmony and Clem leaving.. Faith first found the strength to talk asking him if he had learned anything from that. Angel replied that he had, that all famous people were crazy, he threw the envelope in the trash can and he left. Faith took a last look at the dumped envelope and then followed Angel.
- Angel originally founded Angel Investigations not just because he enjoyed helping people, but also because he enjoyed detective stories ever since the genre was invented.
- Apparently, Angel left Angel Investigations for good because of celebrity types constantly bothering him or because of Harmony.
- This episode is the only where Faith meet Harmony.
- Harmony was apparently on Dancing with the Stars, and Clem claimed she should've won. Spike also mentioned this in "Last Gleaming, Part Five", but spoke of her badly and said she actually ruined the show.
- Faith said that everyone but her had slept with Spike when told of Harmony's relationship with him; she had previously learned Buffy had slept with him as well in "Dirty Girls". Ironically, Angel was implied to have some sort of sexual history with him also in "Power Play".
- Harmony argued to Angel that she helped him during an apocalypse but he corrected her and said she ran off, refering to her betrayal in "Not Fade Away".
- Angel and Faith call the newly risen vampires since the end of magic "zompires", unknowingly using the same name Xander (and by extension the Scooby Gang) had made for them in "Freefall, Part Three".
- Angel's image to others was confirmed to be even worse than Buffy's, despite her destruction of all magic.
- Harmony expressed an awareness of what Angel had done when Twilight was around, and said he had left the universe to burn, but they could start a rumor that said the opposite for his image. Angel argued against this, saying he had planned all along bring the good people over in "Twilight, Part Four". Willow would also accuse him similarly in "Family Reunion, Part One".
- After Harmony tried to have sex with Angel, he naturally rejected her, causing her to think it was because of his "moment of perfect happiness" clause. Her assumption was actually wrong, as Angel could have "positive sex". (Seen in "Power Play")
- This marks Clem's first appearance in the entirty of the Angel series. It's also the only instance where he meet Angel and Faith Lehane.
- David Tennant
- Buffy Summers (Only mentioned)
- Cordelia Chase (only mentioned)
- Spike (only mentioned)
- Simon Cowell (only mentioned)
Organizations and Titles
Weapons and Objects
- One zompire, dusted by Angel.
- Another zompire, dusted by Faith.
- One vampire, killed by Clem.
- One vampire, dusted by Angel.
- Two vampires, dusted by Faith.
- One vampire, dusted by Harmony.
Behind the Scenes
- This marks Clems first appearance in all of the Angel series.
- Harmony's the only character so far to have four titles named after her: "Harm's Way", "Disharmony", "Harmonic Divergence", and now In Perfect Harmony.
Pop Culture References
- Angel made references to a writer named Raymond Chandler and his fictional character detective Philip Marlowe as well as another fictional detective Sam Spade when reminiscing over Angel Investigations.
- Harmony was on Dancing with the Stars (a reality TV dancing show) and is currently a judge on Britain's Got Talent (another reality show).
- Clem compared Angel and Faith to "Olivia and Elliot", characters from a drama crime show called Law & Order.
- Clem said that Harmony's dogs mauled Cesar Millan, a famous dog trainer with his own TV show called the Dog Whisperer.
- Harmony had a section in the famous magazine Us Weekly about how much she loved her dogs.
- Harmony mentioned P.E.T.A (an animal rights organization) and A.S.P.C.A. (a animal cruelty organization).
- Harmony phrased quotes from Chinese philosopher Lao Tzu and journalist/freelance writer Brenda Ueland over caring guilt over your mistakes. She also claimed to know actor Charlie Sheen and Simon Cowell.
- While Faith was giving advice on a good image for Harmony, she related it to "Steven Tyler telling kids not to do drugs." Steven Tyler was a the lead singer in the band Aerosmith, and suffer a heavy alcohol and drug addiction in the 1980s.
- Harmony said Clem was the "Gayle to her Oprah." Oprah Winfrey's best friend was Gayle King.
|Faith - "I love that I'm supposed to be the slutty one when everyone but me has nailed Spike."|
|Angel - "Y'know when you started this story, I didn't think it was possible for me to care any less. But here we are."|
|Harmony - "Oh! My! God! I stuck by you through an apocalypse!"|
|Angel - "No, you ran."|
|Harmony - "Only after everyone else!"|
|Harmony - "Everyone just sees me as a object."|
|Angel - "But he's right. I didn't realize how ... famous you are. Sorry, that stuck in my throat. That could make someone a millionaire. There's no need for blackmail."|
|Faith - "Then it's personal. Whoever's doing this wants to make her squirm."|
|Angel - "Looks like we have to make that list of people who hate her after all."|
|Faith - "Dibs on the top spot."|
|Angel - "What, the P.R. thing? Don't know, don't care. There's always been people who hate me. Usually with good reason. I don't see how this is any different."|
|Faith - "I guess ..."|
|Harmony - "Have these people not heard of photoshop?! I look twenty-five!"|
|Faith - "But look at her. She has zero guilt about anything she's ever done. And she's making more of a difference than we ever did."|
|Angel - "She's a narcissist with no soul or conscience. She's a killer."|
|Faith - "Yeah well, we're all killers here."|
|Harmony - "Letting go. You should try it. Superbia's image rehab plan. Guaranteed to work. Move on with your life, Angel. " The only reason to look back is to check out your own ass." Harmony Kendall."|
|Angel - "Well. That was ..."|
|Faith - "Uh-huh. So, any takeaways from all that?"|
|Angel - "Yeah. Famous people are crazy."[throws out envelope]|