|In Pieces on the Ground, Part Five|
|Publication date||March 23, 2016|
|Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Ten #25|
In Pieces on the Ground, Part Four
Own It, Part One
|Published by||Dark Horse Comics|
|Editor(s)|| Jim Gibbons|
|Cover artist(s)|| Steve Morris|
|Letterer(s)|| Richard Starkings|
Defeating the demon lords has been priority one for Buffy and team – to stop the continual opening of portals to dangerous demon dimensions... Suddenly there is a new priority one: closing a portal – and one portal in particular. Will the team be lost?
- With Dawn's imminent sacrifice, Buffy's dilemma, Giles' reasoning, and Spike's protective stance, this issue mirrors the events from "The Gift".
- Buffy tells Dawn: "I don't care what you used to be. You're my sister;" similarly to "Blood Ties," in which she said: "It doesn't matter how you got here or where you came from. You are my sister."
- Willow mentions her experience with other dimensions, as seen in Willow: Goddesses and Monsters, "Family Reunion," and "Willow: Wonderland"
- Buffy remembers the thousands of deaths caused by the Restless Door, as she saw in In Pieces on the Ground, Part One.
- Willow mentions the effect of hell dimensions on Angel from "Through the Looking Glass" and Family Reunion, Part Four.
- Xander remembers that the psychic Lana Pasternak sensed Anya, as shown in Triggers.
- Anya says she used to be a vengeance demon, as she remembers the original Anya being from the flashback in "Selfless" to "The Wish," then from "Entropy" to "Selfless".
- This issue answers definitively that Anya isn't a ghost from previous Anya but part of D'Hoffryn plans, a question that began in New Rules, Part One. It's also revealed she is a vengeance demon.
- Anya isn't a spirit anymore, becoming corporeal.
- Buffy Summers
- Willow Rosenberg
- Xander Harris
- Dawn Summers
- Rupert Giles
- Andrew Wells
- The Mistress
- The Soul Glutton
- Anya Jenkins (Only mentioned)
- Angel (Only mentioned)
- Lana Pasternak (Only mentioned)
Organization and Titles
- Antioch, California
- Black Diamond Mines
- Silicon Valley, California
- Quor'toth (Only mentioned)
- Pylea (Only mentioned)
Weapons and Objects
- Unknown number of people, by the Mistress and the Soul Glutton.
- Kerberon, by Dawn Summers.
- The Mistress and the Soul Glutton, by D'Hoffryn.
Behind the Scenes
- According to artist Steve Morris, Dawn's pose in his cover mimics Buffy's sacrifice from "The Gift". The keyhole is a direct reference to her being the Key.