Jack the Ripper was a London vampire who was active in 1888.
Jack's killings drew the attention of Inspector James Whitcomb, who was himself secretly a vampire like Jack. Whitcomb dusted Jack in order to keep the general population calm and unaware of the existence of vampires, as the fear caused by Jack's murders was affecting the rest of the vampire population.
- "Writing to papers, running your mouth, making a mess of it all. Did you really think I'd let you ruin it for us all?"
- ―Inspector James Whitcomb[src]
In 1996, when asked by his Slayer, Buffy Summers, if there were ever any famous vampires, Merrick replied that Emperor Caligula and Jack the Ripper were not only vampires, but the same vampire. Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus (31 August AD 12 – 24 January AD 41), commonly known as Caligula and sometimes Gaius, was Roman Emperor from 37 to 41.
- The Origin (Only mentioned)
- Tales of the Vampires
- Spike vs. Dracula (Only mentioned) (non-canon)
- Blood and Fog (non-canon)