| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse.
|Buffy Comic Story|
|Published in||Dark Horse Presents: Annual 1998|
|Publication date||August 26, 1998|
|Published by||Dark Horse|
|Written by||J.L. Van Meter|
"MacGuffins" is a comic book story based on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It was published in the Dark Horse Presents: Annual 1998 comic book, and it's the first Buffy comic story.
While Buffy Summers was on summer vacation at her father's house in Los Angeles, two MacGuffins made a bet with Rupert Giles that she could beat the 561 A.D. record of the Slayer, Garnhuld, by two days. She beat the record, but fell two hours short of winning the bet for Giles. After solving the puzzle, Buffy sent the MacGuffins back to Giles to get even.
- This story is set immediately after Season One.
- Buffy Summers
- Rupert Giles
- Unidentified Delivery Man
- Unidentified Exterminator
- Garnhuld (Only mentioned)
Behind the Scenes
- "MacGuffins" was the first Buffy comic story published by Dark Horse.
- This story art was originally in black and white. It was first colored in The Remaining Sunlight trade paperback.
- Dark Horse made a four part animation of this comic on their website