Mike was a counselor in San Francisco.
Xander Harris attended Dr. Mike's sessions to deal with his anger issues and tendency to bottling up his problems, which Dr. Mike pointed as stemmed from Xander's feelings of helplessness. Xander credited the therapy for his own personal growth, and a helpful ability to empathize with his friends' conflicts.
Behind the Scenes
- Due to the mysterious nature of Dr. Mike never appearing on page, Nicholas Brendon asked Christos Gage to never reveal the character had evil interests, since he liked the idea of Xander having someone in his life who was just a good person looking out for him — to which Gage agreed.
- I Wish, Part Two (Only mentioned)
- Day Off (or Harmony In My Head) (Only mentioned)
- Love Dares You, Part Two (Only mentioned)
- Old Demons, Part One (Only mentioned)
- In Pieces on the Ground, Part Four (Only mentioned)