|Although this article is based on canonical information, the actual name of this subject is conjectural.|
Mrs. Chase was the mother of Cordelia Chase.
According to Cordelia, her mother gave her a recipe for brownies which she acquired from their housekeeper. Cordelia's mother was also diagnosed with Epstein Bar in 1997, though Cordelia believed it was chronic hepatitis or at least Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
In 1998, along with her husband, Cordelia's mother ate one of the candy bars sold by Sunnydale High, unaware of its mystical properties. This caused her to turn into a teenager and try on some of her daughter's clothing.
In 1999, when a panic wave was caused by Hans and Gretta Strauss, she seized her daughter's incense and all her black clothes, much to Cordelia's annoyance.
It's unknown what happened to her after her family went broke when the IRS found them guilty of tax evasion. However, at the time when Cordelia was living in Los Angeles, she seemed to maintain some contact with her mother by phoning regularly.
- "Welcome to the Hellmouth" (Only mentioned)
- "When She Was Bad" (Only mentioned)
- "Homecoming" (Only mentioned)
- "Band Candy" (Only mentioned)
- "Gingerbread" (Only mentioned)
- "Rm w/a Vu" (Only mentioned)
- "Sense & Sensitivity" (Only mentioned)
- "I've Got You Under My Skin" (Only mentioned)
- "Through the Looking Glass" (Only mentioned)
- "Supersymmetry" (Only in photograph)
- "Spin the Bottle" (Only mentioned)