|"New Rules, Part Four"|
|Publication date||June 18, 2014|
|Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Ten #4|
"New Rules, Part Three"
"New Rules, Part Five"
|Published by||Dark Horse Comics|
|Writer(s)|| Christos Gage|
|Cover artist(s)|| Steve Morris|
|Letterer(s)|| Richard Starkings|
Getting help from Dracula seemed like a good idea, until he stole the Vampyr book—and Xander! Now Buffy, Spike, Dawn, Willow, and Giles must save Xander and retrieve the book before it's too late. Dracula has already begun to study how the lack of magical rules can work in his favor.
- Dark Willow is a recurring gag in this issue, remembering the events on "Villains", "Two to Go" and "Grave".
- Dawn notes that her memories were restored to "default settings" like she was 14 years old again, feeling everything from the last five years, like the death of Joyce in "The Body".
- Buffy Summers
- Willow Rosenberg
- Xander Harris
- Andrew Wells
- Rupert Giles
- Dawn Summers
- Mohawk vampire
- Brown-haired conquest vampire
- White-haired conquest vampire
- Conquest vampire with bandana
- Unidentified black-haired caveman
- Unidentified light-haired caveman
- Unidentified cavewoman
- Maloker's caveman victim
- C'thulhu Old One
- Unidentified Old One
- Bald Dracula-worshiping vampire
- Red-haired Dracula-worshiping vampire
- Blond-haired Dracula-worshiping vampire
- Brown-haired Dracula-worshiping vampire
- Orange spiked demon
- Red horned demon
- Purple fish-like demon
- Joyce Summers (only mentioned)
Organization and Titles
- San Francisco, California
Weapons and Objects
Behind the Scenes
Pop Culture References
- Buffy tells Dawn she is going "Heisenberg in yoga pants" referring to Walter White's nickname "Heisenberg" on the television series Breaking Bad.
- Xander asks for help with Dracula after his transformation calling him The Hulk referring to the Marvel comic book character.
- Andrew refers to the "Newhart Gambit" while trying to get Dracula back to his original form. This is referring to the season finale of the television show Newhart in which he awakens to find the entire series had a been a dream.
|Buffy - "Beautiful. So a soulless evil monster took the power to write the rules of the universe out from under our noses."|
|Dawn - "And Xander."|
|Buffy - "What?"|
|Dawn - "He took Xander too. Put him back in "Yes Master" mode, like flipping a switch. And I…I couldn't make him stay."|
|Giles - "Damn it all to hell! This is complete and utter bull –"|
|Willow - "Language, mister!"|
|Dawn - "I remember everything that's happened. Being with Xander, falling in love with him. But I don't feel it. I have that stupid high school crush on him I had when I was fourteen. But what he feels for me is so deep, so intense…"|
|Buffy - "And you can't handle it."|
|Dawn - "No. I can't. Not on top of…everything else I'm catching up on…"|
|Buffy - "Everything…wait, are you saying it's like the past few years are coming back to you all at once, for the first time? Dawnie…even Mom?"|
|Dawn - "It's like I just lost her. All over again."|
|Andrew - "Work with me here. Vampires have a kind of special relationship with their sires, right? Well, isn't Dracula, like, Big Daddy Master of all vampires in a way?"|
|Spike - "Listen up, Sunshine. No one's my master. No one. Except, of course, for the Lord of all Vampires, Dracula."|
|Willow - "We need to make a path to the stairs."|
|Giles - "I suggest a spell of cleavage – Cleaving. I meant cleaving."|
|Buffy - "Hormones are fine until they get you killed. Do it!"|
|Xander - "Now I'm in the deeper well…and I see us. I'm fighting us. Buffy, you look tiny! Like a feisty, foul-mouthed action figure!"|
|Willow - "Oh Godess. I understand now."|