Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"New Rules, Part Three"|
|Publication date||May 21, 2014|
|Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Ten #3|
"New Rules, Part Two"
"New Rules, Part Four"
|Published by||Dark Horse Comics|
|Writer(s)|| Christos Gage|
|Cover artist(s)|| Steve Morris|
|Letterer(s)|| Richard Starkings|
Xander and Dawn arrive at Dracula's castle in Transylvania, where Dracula and his manservant Butterfield are making up all kinds of stories about having a wonderful time in Xander's absence. Xander warns Dawn about the thrall that he is prone to, which she acknowledges. The three discuss the shapeshifting power the vampires sired since the formation of the new Seed of Wonder have, and Xander asks if Dracula has been gambling away his powers again, which is not the case. Learning that the evolved vampires' powers might oushine his own, Dracula agrees to come to San Francisco to investigate.
In San Francisco a group of evoved vampires are about to sire two young men when Dracula intervenes, appalled that they are granting his powers to mere mortals. The group attacks Dracula until Buffy and Spike arrive, and they quickly dispose of the vampires. The group arrives at Xander's apartment where Willow and Giles invoke a spell to get Dracula to talk. Dracula suggests Buffy and Willow capture one of the new vampires so they can investigate their powers.
Buffy and Willow head out to capture a vampire while discussing Xander and Dawn's relationship problems and the fact that their "family" is together again. While they are away, Dracula awakens from his sleep to steal the Slayer handbook, attacking Giles, Dawn and Spike, and putting Xander back under his control before fleeing the apartment.
- Dawn mentions to Xander that she remembers the events on Buffy vs. Dracula, even though she wasn't physically there. She only appears at the end of the episode.
- Buffy Summers
- Willow Rosenberg
- Xander Harris
- Dawn Summers
- Rupert Giles
- Andrew Wells
- Mohawk vampire
- The Three Sisters (only mentioned)
- Saga Vasuki (only mentioned)
- Toru's vampire pack (only mentioned)
- Robert Dowling (only mentioned)
- Buffy's San Francisco neighbor (only mentioned)
- Maloker (only mentioned)
- Bram Stoker (only mentioned)
Organization and Titles
- San Francisco, California
- The ruins of the Sutro Baths
- Xander and Dawn's apartment
- The Tenderloin
- Transylvania, Romania
- Dracula's castle
Weapons and Objects
Behind the Scenes
Pop Culture References
- Andrew mentions that Dracula's positive thinking is very Deepak Chopra.
- Dawn notes that she should be Black Widow because of her positive thinking.
- Dracula asks Andrew to remind him to urinate on Bram Stoker's grave for his book Dracula.
- Xander notes that Dracula does not control lightning because he isn't Thor.
- Buffy mentions that her neighbor listens to Olivia Newton-John.
- Andres makes a reference to Peter Pan. He also mentions Batman.
- Buffy mentions Jack Sparrow when she learns about Dawn and Xander's role playing.
- Spike refers to Dracula as Adam Ant.
- Giles is playing a video game because it relaxes him. It seems that he's playing Grand Theft Auto.
- Xander mentions the use of Skype and Instagram, saying that Dracula is like Polaroid.
|Dracula - “Forgive the mess. I’ve just held the traditional Tuesday evening orgy and it was fantastic fun. Fantastic fun! You remember the Tuesday night orgies.”|
|Xander - “Wait, what? Wait…no, I think I’d remember a ‘fantastic orgy’.”|
|Dracula - “Oh yes…we started after you left. How sad you had to miss the orgies.”|
|Dracula - “Have your child bride pack my trunk. This bears investigation.”|
|Xander - “Hey, she’s street legal, pal. And she only packs my trunk. Wait. That came out wrong.”|
|Dawn - “I’ll be in the jet.”|
|Dracula - “Take special care with my undergarments. If some went missing I doubt I’d even notice.”|
|Xander - “I’ll be in the jet.”|
|Buffy - “You expect us to believe you got your powers through positive thinking?”|
|Andrew - “Holy Deepak, Chopra, Batman!”|
|Dawn - “If that worked, I’d be Black Widow.”|
|Xander - “Hey, we can make that happen.”|
|Andrew - “So this is a clap-your-hands-and-believe-in-fairies situation?”|
|Spike - “Can’t be that simple. I want plenty o’ things I ain’t got.”|
|Buffy - “We’re hopeless, aren’t we? It’s just not fair to expect anyone to put up with our crazy-pants lives.”|
|Willow - “Probably, yeah. That’s what friends are for. The people who aren’t in your live ‘cause they’re related or hot for you. They just love you. And for the first time in ages, we’re all together again.”|
|Xander - “See, Giles? I always said video games were more interesting than magic books.”|
|Giles - “I’m simply taking a break. I find myself easily distracted. This…relaxes me.”|
|Xander - “Wait, rob that hooker. You need money.”|
|Giles - “I will do no such thing. I am a gentleman.”|
|Xander - “You’re a pimp and a mobster! It’s a game! Shoot those cops!|