|The canonicity of this article's subject remains dubious. Though it doesn't contradict official continuity, it has not been referenced in any confirmed canonical material.|
|No Need to Fear, the Slayer's Here|
|Publication date||May 06, 2017|
|Published by||Dark Horse Comics|
|Cover artist(s)||Yishan Li|
|Colorist(s)|| Rod Espinosa &|
|Letterer(s)|| Richard Starkings &|
No Need to Fear, the Slayer's Here is a short story from Buffy: The High School Years comic book series. It was written by Kel McDonald and illustrated by Yishan Li. Joss Whedon is the executive producer.
Titles and Organizations
Weapons and Objects
Behind the Scenes
- This story was originally published for Free Comic Book Day 2017: All Ages, also available for reading at Dark Horse Digital.
- Xander hands a X-Men comic to Buffy, but the cover illustration is from Buffy Season 10 trade paperback "Own It". Buffy Season 11’s first issue can be also seen in the comic store.
- Xander's guess that Buffy would like Shadowcat is a reference to the known fact that Joss Whedon was inspired by her when creating Buffy herself.
Pop Culture References
- There are various comic covers, posters, and shirts from Dark Horse Comics titles, such as Hellboy, Predator, Aliens, Serenity, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Legend of Zelda, Crime Does Not Pay, Bounty, Astrid, Ghost, Fight Club 2, The Rook, etc.
- Rini likes the manga Sailor Moon.
- The gaming room’s poster announces Magic: The Gathering and Pokémon, with discarded cards from the first.
- Xander says that Buffy would like the character Shadowcat from X-Men.