| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse.
|Note from the Underground, Part One|
|Publication date||August 07, 2002|
|Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic #47|
Note from the Underground, Part Two
|Published by||Dark Horse Comics|
|Cover artist(s)|| Brian Horton &|
Note from the Underground, Part One, also known as Hellmouth to Mouth, Part One, is the forty-seventh issue of the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic" series. It was written by Scott Lobdell and illustrated by Cliff Richards.
New monthly writer Scott Lobdell (X-Men, High Roads) kicks off his debut arc on Buffy! Joining established Buffy artist Cliff Richards, Lobdell begins his run by wrapping up four years worth of stories, featuring many returning faces. This story, climaxing in issue fifty, paves the way for a whole new direction for the Buffy comics, giving everyone more bang for their buck.
Loose ends will be tied up. Secrets will be revealed.
- Cordelia's visions are described as bequeathed from the Powers That Be, as she received from Doyle in "Hero."
- It's recalled the time before Faith was called ("Becoming, Part One"), murdered "an innocent man" ("Graduation Day, Part One"), and turned herself in to the authorities ("Sanctuary").
- Fred recalls her time in Pylea, as she was rescued from in episode "There's No Place Like Plrtz Glrb."
- Belsan (Only mentioned)
- Buffy Summers
- Charles Gunn
- Cordelia Chase
- Dawn Summers (Only in visions)
- Faith Lehane
- Fred Burkle
- Lester Worth (Only mentioned)
- Marget Brown
- Riley Finn (Only mentioned)
- Wesley Wyndam-Pryce
- Xander Harris (Only in visions)
Organizations and Titles
- Angel Investigations
- Governor of California (Only mentioned)
- Powers That Be (Only mentioned)
- Watchers Council (Only mentioned)
- Wolfram and Hart (Only mentioned)
- Los Angeles, USA
- Dante's Inferno club
- Hyperion Hotel
- Northern California Women's Facility
- Sunnydale, USA
- Pylea (Only mentioned)
Weapons and Objects
- Steglar's minions, staked by Angel.
Behind the Scenes
- The title is a reference to the novella Notes from the Underground (1864).
- The photo cover has a promotional picture for Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 6.
- Scott Lobdell debuts as writer for Buffy the Vampire Slayer comics in this issue.
- Faith's prison cell has on the wall, among diverse writings, the words "Warren's a bitch!".