| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse.
|Note from the Underground, Part Two|
|Publication date||August 28, 2002|
|Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic #48|
Note from the Underground, Part One
Note from the Underground, Part Three
|Published by||Dark Horse Comics|
|Writer(s)|| Scott Lobdell &|
|Cover artist(s)|| Brian Horton &|
Note from the Underground, Part Two, previously known as Hellmouth to Mouth, Part Two, is the forty-eighth issue of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic comic book series.
New writer Scott Lobdell continues to take Buffy in wild new directions – straight into the pits of hell. Angel and Faith continue their search for Buffy and the lost city of Sunnydale, while the Slayer learns that while killing vampires in Sunnydale made for a rough adolescence, trying to kill them in Hell is gonna be the death of her. Willow, still reeling from her recent relapse with black magic, finds herself more tempted than ever. Six long years of hell on earth wasn't enough to prepare the gang for this – life in hell!
- Buffy recalls having already slayed San Sui, in Wu-tang Fang.
- Other slayed demons that reappear in this issue are Moloch the Corruptor ("I Robot, You Jane"), Ken ("Anne"), Lagos ("Revelations"), Gachnar ("Fear, Itself"), Avendschrooks (Ugly Little Monsters, Part Three), Scipio (The Blood of Carthage, Part One), Karfarnaum (The Heart of a Slayer, Part Two), among others.
- Other returning enemies, but survivors of previous encounters with Buffy, are Xerxes, Vraka, and Lyle Gorch.
- Anya is a vengeance demon and split from her ex-fiance Xander ("Entropy").
- Buffy recalls Maggie Walsh's work for the Initiative and eventual death ("Goodbye Iowa").
- Buffy recalls her own two previous deaths ("Prophecy Girl" and "The Gift").
- Pike and Buffy see each other for the first time since his departure in The Big Fold.
- Anya Jenkins
- Buffy Summers
- Dawn Summers
- Faith Lehane
- Lyle Gorch
- Maggie Walsh (Only in visions)
- Moloch the Corruptor
- Riley Finn (Only mentioned)
- San Sui
- Xander Harris
Organizations and Titles
Weapons and Objects
Behind the Scenes
- The title is a reference to the novella Notes from the Underground (1864).
- The photo cover has a promotional picture for Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 3.
- The official synopsis incorrectly mentions Giles and Oz as part of this story, even though they aren't even mentioned in this issue.
Pop Culture References
- Xander refers to Dawn as the fictional character Scrappy-Doo.
- Xander compares a demon to Fist of Fury.
- Xander mentions fictional superhero Captain America.
- Pike compares his act to Evel Knievel's.