|Publication date||June 21, 2017|
|Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 11 #8|
"The Great Escape"
|Published by||Dark Horse Comics|
|Cover artist(s)|| Steve Morris|
|Letterer(s)|| Richard Starkings &|
Out in the real world without their magic, Buffy and Willow are facing challenges in a new way. As normal girls, getting back into the Safe Zone to release the residents feels impossible — but they aren’t alone. The Scoobies are reunited and have some special backup!
- Buffy confronts a M.M.A. fighter much bigger than her, similarly to her octagon fight in In Pieces on the Ground, Part One.
- Faith and the Scoobies are reunited after their last encounter in New Rules, Part Two.
- Faith mentions the Deepscan mission to save Riley and Sam, from "Lost and Found".
- Buffy hands the scythe temporarily to Faith, as she'd done in "End of Days", "Chosen", and Last Gleaming, Part Four.
- Buffy and Willow spend the entirety of this issue without their magic powers. This is a situation parallel to Buffy during her Cruciamentum ("Helpless"), and both giving their magic to the earth ("Retreat").
- Buffy Summers
- Willow Rosenberg
- Xander Harris
- Dawn Summers
- Calliope Strachan
- Linda Martin
- Riley Finn
- Samantha Finn
- Faith Lehane
- Spike (Only mentioned)
- Rupert Giles (Only mentioned)
- Kennedy (Only mentioned)
Organization and Titles
Weapons and Objects
Behind the Scenes
- The variant cover features a "deleted scene" from the issue, written by Christos Gage and illustrated by Rebekah Isaacs.
Pop Culture References
- Xander plays a Taylor Swift song.
- Xander mentions fictional character Wolverine and his regenerative healing factor.
- Buffy compares her bruises to Fight Club, the novel, movie, and comic book series about recreational violence.
- Just like Faith in this issue, Angel also wear in this month's issue Time and Tide, Part Two a black jacket with red scarf, with both using their scarves to hide their faces.