|Own It, Part One|
|Publication date||April 20, 2016|
|Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Ten #26|
In Pieces on the Ground, Part Five
Own It, Part Two
|Published by||Dark Horse Comics|
|Editor(s)|| Jim Gibbons|
|Cover artist(s)|| Steve Morris|
|Letterer(s)|| Richard Starkings|
The Scoobies are falling apart – and so is the world they are trying to save. While demon lords are still on the loose, Buffy has become distracted, and a bit enraged, by another crisis that is affecting those closest to her...
- Xander exemplifies Willow always finding what she's looking for with the new seed of wonder, in "The Core", and the "snake lesbian girl" Aluwyn, in Willow: Goddesses and Monsters.
- Giles having said her powers would be god-like, Dawn is considered a goddess among Anharrans demons, and therefore a higher being.
- Buffy mentions Harmony using the Vampyr book to make unicorns real, as seen in Day Off (or Harmony in My Head).
- Spike remembers the Vampyr's tendency to "monkey's paw" interpretations, from New Rules, Part Four.
- Spike mentions the rule that made dimensional barriers stronger, written in I Wish, Part Two.
- After Xander coordinated a "The Princess Bride" play with the Anharrans demons, Dawn mentions it was one of her favorite story; Xander had invited her to see the movie in I Wish, Part Two since she had only read the book, but she denied.
- Wolfram & Hart, an Angel series Big Bad, appears for the first time in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- D'Hoffryn mentions a subsection to the magic rule written in In Pieces on the Ground, Part Three.
- Buffy Summers
- Willow Rosenberg
- Xander Harris
- Dawn Summers
- Rupert Giles
- The Quiet Man
- The Brahma
- Lake Stevens (Only mentioned)
- Aluwyn (Only mentioned)
- Sundrop (Only mentioned)
- Mistress (Only mentioned)
- Soul Glutton (Only mentioned)
- Harmony Kendall (Only mentioned)
Organization and Titles
- Scooby Gang
- Magic Council
- Wolfram & Hart
- United States Government (Only mentioned)
- Senior Partners (Only mentioned)
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- Black Diamond Mines (Only mentioned)
- Transylvania (Only mentioned)
Weapons and Objects
Behind the Scenes
- Due to his clothing and hairstyle, the Los Angeles shopkeeper is likely a reference to fictional character Jareth, the Gobling King.
- "Own It"
- German: Steh dazu! Teil 1: Traute Hölle (Stand by! Part 1: Trust Hell)
Pop Culture References
- Willow mentions her relationship between her and Aluwyn as being the "Brangelina of witches," referring to the popular couple Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.
- Spike mentions "monkey's paw" interpretations, in reference to The Monkey's Paw tale.
- The Anharrans demons make a play based on "The Princess Bride".
- Buffy compares D'Hoffryn to the fictional character Obi-Wan Kenobi.