Paralysis Inducement was the ability to render beings immobile or incapacitated. It was often associated as result of Magic powers like Telekinesis, Hypnosis, Photokinesis, Mind Alteration or Necromancy. But there were other ways.
- Fyarl Demons could discharge paralyzing mucus.
- The Wig Lady had the capacity to immobilize her victims by bite.
- Gnarl could keep his victims paralyzed by slashing them with his claws, allowing him to feast on their skin as they laid helplessly. They would remain like that until Gnarl's death.
- Magnus Hainsley, a powerful necromancer, could suspend Angel, and any other undead creature, in the air.
- Cyvus Vail used telekinesis to keep Wesley Wyndam-Pryce suspended in the air, though it didn't prevent him from creating an energy ball to fight back.
- The Master, Drusilla, Dracula and Lothos all used hypnosis to paralyze their victims.
- Ovu Mobani, after having acquired a host, had the ability to emit a blinding light at the faces of his foes and victims, keeping them suspended so long as their eyes met his light, allowing him to kill them.