|Buffy Comic Books|
|Publication date||21 November 2001|
|Published by||Dark Horse Comics|
|Includes Original Comics|| BtVS #29-30|
|Written by|| Christopher Golden|
Thomas E. Sniegoski
|Penciller(s)|| Christian Zanier|
|Inker(s)|| Joe Pimentel|
|Comic Book Collections|
Autumnal (Angel comic)
Autumnal (Buffy comic)
Alexa Landry was tracking demons in Los Angeles. This would normally seem to be a good thing, except she was leaving survivors to tell them that Angel sent her. Angel had a huge horde of demons trying to track him for revenge. His human friends, Cordelia and Wesley would no longer be safe, unless Angel coould do something. At the same time monsters were leaving Los Angeles and trying to find refuge in Sunnydale. Buffy, Giles, and the others learned about recent chaos, and Buffy believed she should go to help Angel in Los Angeles. Riley was not pleased with such developments.
- Comic title: Past Lives, Part One
- A huntress is tracking demons in L.A. This would normally seem to be a good thing, except that she's started leaving survivors to tell them that Angel sent her. As a result, Angel has a huge horde of demons trying to track him for revenge. His human friends, Cordelia and Wesley will soon no longer be safe, unless Angel can do something.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer #29
- Comic title: Past Lives, Part Two
- Cordelia and Wesley are in hospital whilst Angel is on the run. A mysterious demon hunter continues her actions against Angel. Demons are leaving carnage across L.A. and some are seeking refuge in Sunnydale. Buffy, Giles, and the others learn about recent chaos, and Buffy believes she should go to help Angel in L.A. Riley is unpleased with such developments.
- Comic title: Past Lives, Part Three
- Angel confronts the mysterious demon hunter who's out to get him, but he barely escapes alive. Meanwhile, Buffy and Giles begin to find out who and what is behind the recent activity against Angel. The key players begin to gather in LA (including some people from Sunnydale), and the stage is setting for a confrontation.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer #30
- Comic title: Past Lives, Part Four
- Giles and Angel reveal their involvement with the demon-hunter in the past; Giles dated the hunter for a time and Angel drove her ancestor insane when he was Angelus. Buffy and her friends try to stop her, culminating in a final confrontation against the hunter.
Behind the Scenes
Characters include: Buffy, Angel, Giles, Xander, Willow, Cordelia, Wesley, Anya, Tara, Riley and Quentin Travers.
- The timing of this comic is debatable. It must have happened after Where the Wild Things Are because Xanders mentions Giles not playing his guitar in the Expresso Pump, which was not known until that episode, but before To Shanshu in L.A. because Angel's office building is still intact. Also Angel is fully aware of who Riley is, but didn't find out about him until Sanctuary, when Faith told him. But it couldn't have taken place after Sanctuary because the next epsiode after it is The Yoko Factor, which takes place immediatley afterwards, but that episode leads directly into Primeval, when Buffy, Xander, Willow and Giles perform the Enjoining spell to defeat Adam, after which they are too exhausted to do much else until after Restless. So the best guess would be that it happened between Restless and To Shanshu in L.A.
There is no indication on why Spike is not present during these events.