Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse.
- "A new toy, and it isn't even my birthday. You're always thinking of me, Giles."
- ―Buffy Summers[src]
History and Description
- Buffy: "If I get good with the Wing, when do I get the "Reaper Shoes" to complete the ensemble?"
- Giles: "Sadly, there are no "Reaper Shoes.""
- — Buffy Summers and Rupert Giles[src]
The Reaper blade was forged in 12th century Germany from various holy relics that were claimed during the Crusades. It had two sickle shaped blades pointing in opposite directions on either end of an ornamental handle. It had a supernatural sharpness and durability. It could be used as a powerful melee weapon, which could easily decapitate many demons and vampires. The attachable Reaper Wing allowed one to throw the weapon with great force and accuracy. When the thrown blade came in contact with anything aside from demon flesh, it "ghosted" out of this reality and passed through tangible matter without causing any damage.
Behind the Scenes
- The Reaper blade could be the same as the Reaper of the Tigris, a powerful ancient weapon mentioned later in "End of Days".
- The Reaper bares a striking similarity to the double bladed glaive/shuriken-like weapon in the movie Blade.
- The Reaper is similar to the hunga munga Buffy used in "Anne", which preceded the events of the game.