| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse.
|Remember the Beginning|
|Publication date||July 25, 2001|
|Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic #35|
Out of the Fire, Into the Hive
Remember the Lies
|Published by||Dark Horse Comics|
|Writer(s)|| Tom Fassbender &|
|Cover artist(s)|| Cliff Richards with|
Andy Owens &
Greg Gorman &
Remember the Beginning is the thirty-fifth issue of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic comic book series.
Remember that time when Buffy's little sister Dawn first found out that Buffy is the Slayer? And then when Angel almost killed Dawn, because no one had told her that he'd turned evil again? And who could forget the time Dawn loaded up on band candy? Buffy and the Scooby Gang all have memories connected to Dawn, and only Buffy and Giles know they're not real. But Dawn is turning up other little secrets from the past, including a previous vampire slayer who met the worst fate imaginable – and still suffers under the curse. A new four-issue series kicks off where we find out just how much trouble a little sister can cause.
- Dawn recalls Riley has left Buffy and Sunnydale ("Into the Woods").
- Despite the publication date, Buffy and Giles are the only members of the Scooby Gang to know about Dawn's identity as the Key ("No Place Like Home," "Family"), to be eventually revealed in "Blood Ties."
- Dawn talks about her fabricated memories of Buffy's death by the hands of the Master ("Prophecy Girl").
- Angel (Only in flashbacks)
- Anya Jenkins
- Buffy Summers
- Dawn Summers
- Joyce Summers (Only mentioned)
- The Master (Only in flashbacks)
- Riley Finn (Only in flashbacks)
- Rupert Giles
- Willow Rosenberg
- Xander Harris (Only in flashbacks)
- Yuki Makimura
Organizations and Titles
Weapons and Objects
- An unidentified vampire, staked by Buffy Summers.
- An unidentified man, drained by Yuki Makimura.
- An unidentified vampire, decapitated by Buffy.
Behind the Scenes
- The photo cover has a promotional picture for Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 5, took by photographer Greg Gorman and edited by designer Keith Wood.
- This issue debuts Dawn Summers in Buffy the Vampire Slayer comics.