| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse.
|Remember the Lies|
|Publication date||August 29, 2001|
|Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic #36|
Remember the Beginning
Remember the Truth
|Published by||Dark Horse Comics|
|Writer(s)|| Tom Fassbender &|
|Cover artist(s)|| Cliff Richards with|
Andy Owens &
Greg Gorman &
Remember the Lies is the thirty-sixth issue of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic comic book series.
Dawn has vanished without a trace and the Scooby gang has no clue where to find her. As they try to deduce her whereabouts, Buffy turns Sunnydale (and a whole lot of vampires) upside-down in her search. Spike suspects that Dawn's disappearance has something to do with a former Slayer turned vampire, the deadly Yuki Makimura. It looks like this Vampire Slayer must go up against a Slayer Vampire. Could things get any worse? Don't ask!
- Willow talks about her fabricated memories of Dawn's reaction to Xander and Cordelia's relationship, similar to Willow's own reaction in "Innocence."
- Xander mentions having his own apartment, bought in "The Replacement."
- Spike mentions his Behavior-Modification Circuitry, in his head since "The Initiative."
- Yuki mentions Spike having killed two Slayers, as first seen in "Fool for Love."
- Buffy recalls Rebecca Stansberry leaving after briefly dating Giles (Out of the Fire, Into the Hive).
- Anne Pratt (Only mentioned)
- Anya Jenkins
- Buffy Summers
- Cordelia Chase (Only in flashbacks)
- Dawn Summers
- Harmony Kendall
- Kelgor (Only mentioned)
- The Master (Only mentioned)
- Rebecca Stansberry (Only mentioned)
- Rupert Giles
- Tara Maclay
- Willow Rosenberg
- Xander Harris
- Yuki Makimura
Organizations and Titles
- Sunnydale, USA
Weapons and Objects
- An unidentified man, neck snapped by Yuki Makimura.
- An unidentified Eidu member, staked by Buffy Summers.
- An unidentified Eidu member, staked by Dawn Summers.
Behind the Scenes
- The photo cover has a promotional picture for Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 5, took by photographer Greg Gorman and edited by designer Keith Wood.
Pop Culture References
- Yuki's victim wears a shirt with fictional character Darth Vader.
- Spike mentions the soap opera Passions.