|Publication date||March 3, 2010|
|Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Eight Vol.6|
"Predators and Prey"
|Published by||Dark Horse Comics|
|Writer(s)|| Jane Espenson|
|Cover artist(s)||Jo Chen|
"Retreat" is the sixth volume of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Eight trade paperbacks, collecting issues twenty-six to the thirteen of the comic book series.
Buffy Season Eight Volume 6 showcases the first retreat of the Slayer legion. Vampires have solid footing at the top of the totem and Slayers have been crushed to the bottom — in short, no one likes Buffy anymore… least of all this season's mysterious Big Bad, Twilight, who is hot on her magical trail!
Now that it's the world against Slayers, Buffy must find a way to return the status quo to… status quo — and keep her girls alive long enough to do it! Enter Oz, the only person/werewolf Buffy knows who is down with the suppression of magic, and can take the Slayer army off of Twilight's magic-specific radar.
With Oz's assistance, the Slayers and Wiccans try to become "normal" through meditation and hard labor — although, not everyone sees the advantage of being magicless, namely, Willow, Giles, and Andrew. And they could be right. After all, is a peaceful life for a Slayer even possible?
Behind the Scenes
- Cover gallery.
- French: Retraite (Retreat)
- German: Rückzug (Retreat)
- Italian: Ritirata (Retreat)
- Spanish: Retirada (Retreat)
- Turkish: Geri Çekilme (Retreat)
- "Retreat" was the second best selling graphic novel of its publishing month, with 7,029 sales in March 2010 at comic specialty stores.
- ↑ "Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 Volume 6: Retreat TPB". Dark Horse Comics. Retrieved December 12, 2017.
- ↑ "Top 300 Graphic Novels Actual--March 2010". ICv2, April 12, 2010. Retrieved December 12, 2017.