Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse.
- "I know you guys take the fetish scene way too seriously, but there's a fine line between femme fatale and tacky tramp. You just vaulted right over that line."
- ―Buffy Summers[src]
She and her lover Malik were recruited by Spike when he reformed the Order of Aurelius. Along with Spike she abducted several young people from The Bronze including Willow Rosenberg. Buffy Summers followed her and Spike through a train station and into a cemetery. At an altar in the cemetery, Buffy faced Scylla after Willow warned her that she was stronger than an ordinary vampire. Although she was able to rescue Willow, Scylla was able to escape into a secret passage. Buffy later used this passage to alternatively enter the Sunken Church.
Buffy's next encounter with Scylla happened after her minions abducted Angel from his Mansion. Buffy raced through the building looking for Angel, defeating several vampires and demons along the way. When she entered Angel's training room Buffy stood face to face with Scylla again. This time, Scylla morphed into her were-snake form. With her were-snake abilities, Buffy could not defeat her by normal means and thus was challenged, but the Slayer was able to open the room's skylights and burn Scylla to dust.
Characteristics and Traits
Scylla had long black hair, full body tattoos and wore black vinyl or leather. Like Malik, she was skilled in basic magic, and could change her shape. Her alternate form was a were-snake. In this form she had long snake tale and a humanoid, reptilian upper body. Perhaps as a result of this, Scylla often hissed while speaking, placing emphasis on the letter s.
Powers and Abilities
- "Buffy, be careful! She's stronger than an ordinary vampire."
- ―Willow Rosenberg to Buffy Summers[src]
In addition to the typical vampiric abilities, Scylla could transform into a monstrous humanoid snake creature. In this state, she was noticeably stronger and faster than her previous stage, and it was only by opening the skylights and exposing Scylla to sunlight that Buffy came out as the victor. Also in her snake form, Scylla could close her jaws over a human head and project magical energy blasts. She also displayed telekinetic abilities, able to slam and lock the door of Angel's training room with a wave of her hand.
Behind the Scenes
- Scylla is a boss in the Xbox game of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. She is fought two times; first as a vampire and second in her snake form.
- Scylla is named after the famous Greek monster in Homer's Odyssey and other Greek myths.
- In Greek mythology, Scylla is one of two pair of monsters. However, Scylla is partnered with Charybdis, while the character Scylla in the game is partnered with Malik.
- A rendering of Scylla appears on one out of every three computers in a level of the game after she has been killed.