|This article is about the Buffy Classic comic issue. For the Buffy Season 9 comic issue, see Slayer, Interrupted (Buffy Season 9).|
| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse.
|Slayer, Interrupted, Part One|
|Publication date||April 30, 2003|
|Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic #56|
Dawn and Hoopy the Bear
Slayer, Interrupted, Part Two
|Published by||Dark Horse Comics|
|Writer(s)|| Scott Lobdell &|
|Cover artist(s)|| Brian Horton &|
|Colorist(s)|| Dave McCaig &|
Buffy returned from her runaway road-trip with Pike… only to discover that Dawn has read her diary, and shared what she found with their parents, who see no other choice: after she's burned down the school gym, run off to Vegas, and apparently lost her mind… they have her committed.
- This story includes the memories around Dawn Summers, only to be created in "Buffy vs. Dracula."
- Buffy, Dawn, and Joyce Summers are yet to move to Sunnydale, making this story previous to the series' debut episode "Welcome to the Hellmouth."
- Dawn reads an except of Buffy's diary, found in The Big Fold, in which she declares herself the Slayer for eleven days, beginning in The Origin, Part One.
- Buffy returns home after running away to Las Vegas in Broken Parts.
- Joyce mentions Buffy burning down her school gym, and her friends becoming afraid of her (The Origin, Part Three).
- Buffy is committed to an asylum due to her parents not believing she's the Slayer, as she would eventually mention in "Normal Again."
- Buffy Summers
- Dawn Summers
- Hank Summers
- Joyce Summers
- Marcus Sidle (Only in flashbacks)
- Mary Lou Sidle (Only in flashbacks)
- Pike (Only in flashbacks)
- Quentin Travers
- Rupert Giles
Organizations and Titles
- Las Vegas, USA (Only mentioned)
- Los Angeles, USA
- Galway, Ireland
Weapons and Objects
Behind the Scenes
- The title is a reference to the novel Girl, Interrupted (1993), about a young woman's experiences in a psychiatric hospital.
- The photo cover has a promotional photo for Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 6, taken by Andrew MacPherson.
- This story is part of the second book of the Buffy: Year One trilogy, the last stories of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic, about Buffy Summers as a Slayer before her arrival in Sunnydale.
Pop Culture References
- An unidentified man wears a hat written "Joss is a hottie," in reference to Joss Whedon, and a shirt written Firefly, one of his the TV series.
- Buffy passes through the Mystery Machine van, from Scooby Doo.
- An unidentified man wears a Captain America uniform.