| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse.
|Slayer, Interrupted, Part Two|
|Publication date||May 28, 2003|
|Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic #57|
Slayer, Interrupted, Part One
Slayer, Interrupted, Part Three
|Published by||Dark Horse Comics|
|Writer(s)|| Scott Lobdell &|
|Cover artist(s)|| Brian Horton &|
|Colorist(s)|| Dave McCaig &|
Slayer, Interrupted, Part Two is the fifty-seventh issue of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic comic book series.
Considering that she burned down the school gym and ran off to Vegas, and the strange entries in her diary, Buffy Summers's parents see no other choice than to have her committed. At the mental institution, Buffy sort of likes not having to slay vampires and demons night after night. But there's something sinister going on here, and the doctors may not be what they appear to be.
- This story includes the memories around Dawn Summers, only to be created in "Buffy vs. Dracula."
- Buffy, Dawn, and Joyce Summers are yet to move to Sunnydale, making this story previous to the series' debut episode "Welcome to the Hellmouth."
- Buffy is in an asylum due to her parents not believing she's the Slayer, as she would eventually mention in "Normal Again."
- Buffy recalls spending a week in Las Vegas with Pike slaying vampires ("Viva Las Buffy!").
- Whistler mentions his intentions to forge Buffy into a Slayer capable of closing the Hellmouth once and for all, as she would do in "Chosen."
- April Levine
- Buffy Summers
- Cordelia Chase
- Dawn Summers
- Hank Summers
- Harmony Kendall
- Joyce Summers
- Pike (Only mentioned)
- Quentin Travers
- Rupert Giles
- Willow Rosenberg
Organizations and Titles
- Las Vegas, USA (Only mentioned)
- Los Angeles, USA
- Sunnydale, USA
- Galway, Ireland
Weapons and Objects
Behind the Scenes
- The title is a reference to the novel Girl, Interrupted (1993), about a young woman's experiences in a psychiatric hospital.
- The photo cover has a promotional photo shoots for Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 6, taken by Andrew MacPherson.
- This story is part of the second book of the Buffy: Year One trilogy, the last stories of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic, about Buffy Summers as a Slayer before her arrival in Sunnydale.
- The asylum's wall has drawings referencing Mutant Enemy and the story Mall Rats.
Pop Culture References
- "Ripper" mentions politician Margaret Thatcher.
- Hank compares Joyce's behavior to the character June Cleaver.