| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse.
|Buffy Comic Books|
|Slayer, Interrupted (2003)|
|Publication date||24 December 2003|
|Published by||Dark Horse Comics|
|Includes Original Comics||BtVS #55-59|
|Written by|| Scott Lobdell|
|Penciller(s)|| Cliff Richards|
|Comic Book Collections|
Viva Las Buffy!
A Stake to the Heart
Slayer, Interrupted is a trade paperback collecting comic stories based on the Buffy the Vampire Slayer television series.
After running off to Vegas, Buffy has written in her diary tales of vampires and demons. Her parents have her put into a mental institution. Whilst there Buffy realizes she enjoys the freedom, and the loss of her role as Slayer. However certain doctors are not what they appear. In England, Rupert Giles's use of magic has prevented a Watcher from causing destruction to the Council.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer #55
- Comic title: "Dawn and Hoopy the Bear"
- Dawn is gradually led on an adventure that predates the Scooby Gang's very creation. Dawn receives a package that was intended for her sister, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Buffy has at this time run off to Las Vegas with her friend Pike. The package contains a demonic teddy named Hoopy the Bear. It soon starts wreaking havoc upon the life of the ten year old and all of those around her, yet no one seems to be able to believe that Hoopy might be responsible.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer #56
- Comic title: "Slayer, Interrupted, Part One"
- Buffy returns from Las Vegas where she had been on a trip with Pike. Dawn has been reading her diary, and tells their parents. Since Buffy had also recently burned down her school gym and run off to Las Vegas, they fear that she has lost her mind. Feeling like they have little choice, Buffy's parents have her committed.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer #57
- Comic title: "Slayer, Interrupted, Part Two"
- Buffy is staying at an institution and sort of likes not having to slay vampires and other forces of evil night after night. However, something sinister is going on as the doctors may not have just the patients' interests at heart. Meanwhile Giles has to face consequences for using black magic even if it was done to protect the Watchers Council.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer #58
- Comic title: "Slayer, Interrupted, Part Three"
Buffy the Vampire Slayer #59
- Comic title: "Slayer, Interrupted, Part Four"
- Buffy does not know whom she can trust but she tries to save the group of young girls from the demon that feeds off them. Eventually she leaves the hospital, and her parents prepare for some big life changes.
- Supposedly set in the Summer of 1996, before Buffy moves to Sunnydale in "Welcome to the Hellmouth". Takes place immediately after Viva Las Buffy!, and immediately before A Stake to the Heart.
Behind the Scenes
- Characters include: Buffy, Giles, Joyce, Dawn, Hank Summers, and Hoopy the bear.
- This comic is strongly influenced by events revealed in "Normal Again".
- Buffy #55, "Hoopy the Bear and Dawn" is an all Paul Lee issue. He wrote, drew, colored, lettered, and provided both photo and art covers.
Goofs, Bloopers & Continuity Errors
- Buffy Summers' eye color were drawn blue instead of the correctly green color.
- Joyce Summers' eye color were drawn blue instead of the correctly brown color.
- Buffy Summers
- Dawn Summers
- Joyce Summers
- Hank Summers
- Rupert Giles
- Dr. Primrose
- Cordelia Chase (cameo)
- Harmony Kendall (cameo)
- Willow Rosenberg (cameo)
- April (human)
- Los Angeles, California
- Ireland, North Atlantic Coast
- London, UK