|This article is about the meta-series. For other uses, see Spike.|
The meta-series focused on the adventures of Spike.
- Spike (8 issues)
- Spike & Dru (3 issues)
- Spike vs. Dracula (5 issues)
- Spike: Asylum (4 issues)
- Spike: Shadow Puppets (4 issues)
- Spike: After the Fall (4 issues)
- Spike: The Devil You Know (4 issues)
- Spike: A Dark Place (5 issues)
- Who Made Who?
- Rock 'N' Roll All Night (and Sleep Every Day)
- The Problem with Vampires (in Tales of the Vampires)
- Magical Mystery Tour, Featuring the Beetles
Behind the scenes
The first Spike comics were published by Dark Horse Comics in 1999 under the Spike & Dru title. When IDW Publishing got the Angel license in 2005, they started putting out Spike titles of their own, some of which are canon. In 2011, the license moved back to Dark Horse Comics and in 2012 they published their first new Spike comic.
IDW's Spike comic books used a logo based on the Angel typeface. Dark Horse created a new logo for the character when they took over the exclusive rights to Spike comic books.