- Maggie : "We use the latest in scientific technology and state-of-the-art weaponry, and you, if I understand correctly, poke them with a sharp stick. "
- Buffy : "Oh, it's more effective than it sounds."
- — Buffy Summers and Maggie Walsh[src]
A stake was a pointy wooden object and one of the most effective ways to slay a vampire. In order for the weapon to be effective, it must've penetrated the vampire's heart. More advanced versions of this weapon were Angel Investigations' Stake-loaded wristbands and Connor's Stake Gun.
However, vampires in possession of the Gem of Amarra would be rendered invincible, and immune to staking. A vampire could also become immune to staking by having its heart surgically removed, although this process certified the vampires death within about six hours.
Behind the Scenes
- The prop stakes used in Buffy the Vampire Slayer were made of real wood, however, when it came to stabbing, stakes with a retractable point were used in action to create the illusion of stabbing.
- ↑ The "Weapons" featurette in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season three DVD, Disco Six