- "Don't be sorry. Be smart. And please don't listen to the Principal or anyone else's negative opinions about you. Let's make 'em eat that permanent record. What do you say?"
- ―Dr. Gregory to Buffy Summers[src]
- "The homework thing. I understand you probably have a good excuse for not doing it. Amazingly enough, I don't care. I know you can excel in this class and so I expect no less. Is that clear?"
- ―Dr. Gregory to Buffy[src]
Unlike other teachers in Sunnydale High, he was genuinely concerned for his students and sought to inspire them to better themselves and at the same time achieve greatness. He was also one of the few that didn't judge Buffy Summers because of her records that indicated she had burned the gym of Hemery High. He was beheaded by the She-Mantis, who also forcibly mated with him, indicating that, despite his age, he was still a virgin.
Dr. Gregory's corpse was found by Buffy in one of the fridges of Sunnydale High cafeteria. He was replaced by Ms. Natalie French, the human persona of the She-Mantis.
The Sunnydale High Yearbook mentions Dr Gregory in the In Memorium section, where it says "More than any other teacher, he inspired us to want to learn." He is also mentioned to have inspired Eric Gittleson, although Eric used his knowledge of science for evil.
Behind the Scenes
- He was portrayed by William Monaghan.
- His first name is revealed in the Sunnydale High Yearbook.
|Welcome to the Hellmouth||The Harvest||Witch
|Never Kill a Boy on the First Date||The Pack||Angel||I Robot, You Jane||The Puppet Show||Nightmares||Out of Mind, Out of Sight||Prophecy Girl|