| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse.
|Take Back the Night|
|Publication date||June 21, 2000|
|Published by||Dark Horse Comics|
|Writer(s)|| Tom Fassbender &|
Take Back the Night is a one-shot of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic comic book series.
If the male population wasn't enough with inappropriate comments, demon attacks make UC Sunnydale campus even more unsafe for women. After an anti-rape rally, the demon attacks Willow, until Buffy defeats the creature and takes back the night.
- Buffy and Willow are Dr. Maggie Walsh students, which classes they began to attend in "The Freshman."
- Despite the story's publication date, Oz is yet to leave Sunnydale, as eventually happens in "Wild at Heart."
- Buffy Summers
- Candy Westminster
- Maggie Walsh (Only mentioned)
- Riley Finn (Only mentioned)
- Ron Borchinski
- Rupert Giles
- Willow Rosenberg
- Xander Harris
Organizations and Titles
Weapons and Objects
- Demonic Entomology (book)
- The Sunnydale Sentinel (newspaper)
Behind the Scenes
- This short story was originally published for the "Dark Horse Presents – Annual 2000: Girls Rule!," a 64-page anthology celebrating Dark Horse Comics major female characters.
|Candy Westminster - “Rape is an act of violence and power, never of sex. I'm here to tell you how to defend yourselves against these vile invasions. Together we will show these beasts that the night belong to us… And tonight we're going to take it back.”|
|Buffy - “Let's see how you do against someone who fights back.”|