|Publication date||February 20, 2002|
|Published in||"Tales of the Slayers"|
Tales was the eighth and final short story in the "Tales of the Slayers" graphic novel.
On her way to a grab for Gunther, Melaka Fray has to fight vampires. These being very old, they knew the moves of the Slayer. Mel, however, did not, as she hadn't inherited the Slayer psychic abilities. She was able to slay the vampires and opened the box that was supposed to be her grab. A four-armed spider-monkey escaped from it and ran off with her Scythe. Mel quickly pursued the creature through the busy Haddyn streets.
Eventually, the creature led her to an abandoned apartment, with a stylized red Scythe tiled on the floor and shelves of old Watchers Diaries. As Mel inspected the room, the spider-monkey went to sleep. In the books Mel was able to read about various past slayers, and not to be alone anymore.
- All but four of the Slayers that Mel read about were Slayers whose stories were included in the graphic novel. The others being Buffy Summers, Yuki Makimura, and Princess Amirah. The unidentified pilot Slayer had not previously been seen.
- Melaka Fray
- Gunther (Only mentioned)
- Yuki Makimura (Only in flashbacks)
- Elizabeth Weston (Only in flashbacks)
- Sineya (Only in flashbacks)
- Naayéé'neizgháni (Only in flashbacks)
- Anni Sonnenblume (Only in flashbacks)
- Nikki Wood (Only in flashbacks)
- Buffy Summers (Only in flashbacks)
- Unidentified Maiden Slayer (Only in flashbacks)
- Princess Amirah (Only in flashbacks)
- Unidentified pilot Slayer (Only in flashbacks)
Organizations and TitlesEdit
Weapons and ObjectsEdit
- Two vampires, dusted by Melaka Fray.
Behind the ScenesEdit
|Melaka Fray - "I am the only one in the world, but I am not alone."|