- Jenny is briefly seen in Him, during the Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered flashback. Should this be reflected on her page? It's only reused archive footage, but in my opinion, it should still count. It's important to note that this would be a fairly major change, though, as it would affect her listed last appearance ... --LeoChris 01:37, January 17, 2010 (UTC)
You could put it in "only in flashback"--I was here 15:25, January 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Jenny's last appearance is "Passion". In Amends the one who appears is The First.--Gonzalo84 19:34, January 17, 2010 (UTC)
I believe the title of this article should remain as Jenny Calendar since that is the name she is most often referred to. Let's start the discussion there. - DinoSlider (talk) 17:01, December 31, 2013 (UTC)
- Our precedent is full, actual names in page titles. Daniel Osbourne, Alexander Harris, Krevlornswath of the Deathwok Clan. Her uncle Enyos specifically states that she is not Jenny Calendar, she is Janna of the Kalderash. As far as I know, the only exception for that rule has been Anne Steele, but given that her real name is only mentioned in the shooting script but never used in an episode, coupled with the fact that a driver's license as shown with the new name, meaning she may have had it legally changed, puts it in a different set of circumstances. To a further point, Jenny's gravestone in Sunnydale said "Jennifer Calendar", so "Jenny Calendar" would be unacceptable by our standards regardless.--OzzMan (talk) 18:26, December 31, 2013 (UTC)
- First, please stop editing the page until a resolution has been reached. I locked the page for this reason. I know you are also an admin and can edit anyway, but I hoped you would respect the lock anyway. I find it very disrespectful that you did not.
- Second, the actual quote is, "You are still Janna, of the Kalderash people." He does not say, "Your name is still Janna of the Kalderash," nor does he say that her name is not Jenny Calendar. He is saying that no matter what you call yourself, you will always be Janna to him.
- Third, her name is not "of the Kalderash" just as Enyos is not "Enyos of the Kalderash." His name on the wiki is Enyos Kalderash (at least it was until you changed it) and he is her uncle, so there should not be a presumption that she has the same last name.
- Lastly, as you pointed out the gravestone said Jennifer Calendar, so that should definitively be her name on the wiki. - DinoSlider (talk) 18:54, December 31, 2013 (UTC)
Enyos does in fact say that she isn't Jenny Calendar. I watched the episode moments before making the move, so I'm fully positive of this; there's no debate to be made on that. The implication is that Jenny Calendar was an alias she used after she moved to Sunnydale, and that he felt she was "going native" in that persona, which is backed up greatly by the fact that "Calendar" is an English surname that wouldn't be used by the Kalderash people. The Kalderash are a real ethnic group, as well, and as "Kalderash" was never concretely used as a surname within the show, any use of it as such here is just speculation. That is why I moved Enyos as well. Also, I will again point out the wording of Lorne's page title. Since we know no more about Kalderash naming conventions (within the Buffyverse) than we do Dethwok naming conventions, I think it's fair to apply similar rules for titling to both of them, given their similarities.
- Please quote the line where he says she isn't Jenny Calendar. I think you'll find that he himself addresses her by that name. He does say, "You thought you are Jenny Calendar now?" but that line works equally well if her name were legally changed or not. There is nothing to say when or why (or even if) she changed her name. It is just as likely that she changed it long before they asked her to watch over Angel. When immigrating to the US, many people changed the spelling of their names. As such, it is not an alias, it is her name.
- As far as comparing to Lorne, all of the Pyleans seem to refer each other with the full "of the ___ Clan" designation, and it can be reasonably assumed that this is part of their naming convention. The same cannot be said for any of the Kalderash.
- You pointed out that the precedent is full, actual names in page titles, but that does not mean original names. Spike is not William, Angel is not Liam, Anya is not Aud, and Anne Steele is not whatever her name was. Jennifer Calendar is her full, actual name as evidenced by the gravestone.
- I propose the following titles: "Jennifer Calendar", "Enyos", and "Magda." - DinoSlider (talk) 17:07, January 2, 2014 (UTC)
- Just being a devil's advocate here, but if we are using full, actual names, why aren't we using Buffy Anne Summers? FTWinchester (talk) 02:14, January 1, 2014 (UTC)