|"The Core, Part Four"|
|Publication date||August 14, 2013|
|Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Nine #24|
"The Core, Part Three"
"The Core, Part Five"
|Published by||Dark Horse Comics|
|Editor(s)||Scott Allie & Sierra Hahn|
|Cover artist(s)|| Phil Noto|
|Letterer(s)||Richard Starkings & Jimmy Betancourt|
In a last-ditch effort to save Dawn, the heroic trio of Buffy, Willow, and Xander must split up and tackle their own demons, real and imagined. As the season's Big Bads – Severin and Simone – threaten to turn back time, the mystical council partner with Koh and Illyria to prevent a tragic tear in the fabric of time!
- Simone mentions not being a Slayer by choice, as she became one due to the spell in "Chosen."
- Simone recalls Buffy's destruction of the Seed of Wonder to stop Twilight, and consequential end of magic (Last Gleaming, Part Four).
- Illyria tells Severin about Fred's ("A Hole in the World") and Wesley's death ("Not Fade Away").
- Buffy Summers
- Willow Rosenberg
- Xander Harris
- Simone Doffler
- Eldre Koh
- Wesley Wyndam-Pryce (Only in flashbacks)
- Clare (Only mentioned)
- Twilight (Only mentioned)
- Fred Burkle (Only mentioned)
- Dawn Summers (Only mentioned)
Organizations and Titles
- Cotswolds, England
Weapons and Objects
Behind the Scenes
Pop Culture References
|Buffy - "Get off."|
|Simone - "I would have turned a lot sooner. Just took me too long to find a vampire whose blood had more kick than that weak sauce upstairs."|
|Xander - "You used me. You said we could undo all this."|
|Simone - "Did you really think I was going to save...who was it? You can't even remember who you came down here to save can you?"|
|Xander - "Yes. I. Can."|
|Simone - "You can't win."|
|Buffy - "I don't need to win. I just need to keep you busy while my friends do the winning for me."|
|Illyria - "You must live."|
|Willow - "Gotta say, not what I expected from someone with the last name 'The Merciless'."|
|Illyria - "It is not what I expected either. Now go."|