| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse.
|The Death of Buffy, Part Two|
|Publication date||May 1, 2002|
|Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic #44|
The Death of Buffy, Part One
The Death of Buffy, Part Three
|Published by||Dark Horse Comics|
|Writer(s)|| Tom Fassbender &|
|Cover artist(s)|| Brian Horton &|
The Death of Buffy, Part Two is the fourty-fourth issue of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic comic book series.
The "Death of Buffy" story continues as Willow, Xander, and the gang attempt to fend off an encroaching invasion of black magic lizard wizards. They've come to Sunnydale to resurrect an old friend and to tear the Slayer's pretty little guts out. Unfortunately for them, Buffy and her guts are six feet under. Unfortunately for Buffy's pals, these reptiles are willing to settle for the guts of the Slayer's friends and family.
- This story presents the aftermath of Buffy's death ("The Gift"), previous to the events of her resurrection ("Bargaining, Part One").
- Spike has his chip triggered by punching Xander ("The Initiative").
- Spike recalls having Buffybot commissioned ("I Was Made to Love You").
- The Buffybot is first used for replacing Buffy in patrol, as eventually showed in "Bargaining, Part One."
- Anya mentions being engaged to Xander, as he proposed her in "The Gift."
- Giles buys his flight ticket to London, as he would eventually use in "Bargaining, Part One."
- The wizard trio is revealed to be Doc's brothers, as Spike recalls visiting him with Dawn for a resurrection spell ("Forever").
- Anya Jenkins
- Buffy Summers (Only mentioned)
- Dawn Summers
- Doc (Only mentioned)
- Rupert Giles
- Tara Maclay
- Willow Rosenberg
- Xander Harris
Organizations and Titles
- Sunnydale, USA
- Los Angeles, USA
- Los Angeles International Airport (Only mentioned)
- London, England (Only mentioned)
Weapons and Objects
Behind the Scenes
- The photo cover has a promotional picture for Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 5, edited by Dave Stewart.