|"The Great Escape, Part Nine"|
|Publication date||July 19, 2017|
|Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 11 #9|
"Ordinary People, Part Eight"
"Crimes Against Nature, Part Ten"
|Published by||Dark Horse Comics|
|Cover artist(s)|| Steve Morris|
|Letterer(s)|| Richard Starkings|
The great escape is underway as Buffy, Faith, and Willow infiltrate headquarters at the Safe Zone. Everything and everyone they expected to stop their mission is in the way. The question is, can two powerless girls and one Slayer succeed with these ridiculous odds? Elsewhere: unexpected vampire complications...
- Faith asks if Buffy and Spike were still together, she had previously expressed her knowledge of their relationship in Those Who Can't Teach, Teach Gym, Part Three.
- Buffy Summers
- Willow Rosenberg
- Faith Lehane
- Xander Harris
- Dawn Summers
- Joanna Wise
- President Malloy (Only mentioned)
Organization and Titles
- Santa Fe, New Mexico
Weapons and Objects
- The entire Dolan Springs population (2,000 people).
- 24 soldiers and slayers protecting the city.
Behind the Scenes
- The variant cover features a "deleted scene" from the issue, written by Christos Gage and art by Georges Jeanty.
- Congress Avenue Bridge is indeed home to the world's largest urban bat colony, but, contrary to the Buffyverse, they are Mexican free-tailed bats instead of new vampires under shapeshifting.
Pop Culture References
- Faith mentions Jedi mind trick, from the Star Wars franchise.
- Vicki mentions "smallpox in blankets," remembering the biological warfare against Native Americans.