| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse.
|The Hollower, Part Three|
|Publication date||July 14, 1999|
|Angel: The Hollower #3|
The Hollower, Part Two
final issue in series
|Published by||Dark Horse Comics|
|Cover artist(s)|| Jeff Matsuda,|
Jon Sibal &
It all comes down to this, sports fans! In the ring to my left: the Hollower — vampire’s only natural predator other than the Slayer! And in the ring to my right: Angel — champion of the undead, ex-boyfriend of the Slayer, and one all-around bad mother! Place your bets now, ‘cause this one’s gonna get nasty! From the pages of the monthly hit, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, comes Angel — vampire hero and hunky heartthrob.
- Buffy mentions she have declared before "Nobody messes with my boyfriend", having done it in episode "What's My Line, Part Two".
- Angel gives up his attempt to become human in fear of losing Buffy, a decision similar to the one he’ll make in "I Will Remember You".
- Catherine DeLancie
- Drusilla (Only in flashbacks)
- Rupert Giles
- Spike (Only in flashbacks)
- Buffy Summers
Organizations and Titles
- Sunnydale, USA
- Vienna, Austria-Hungary (Only in flashbacks)
Weapons and Objects
Behind the Scenes
- Published even before the homonym television show, it’s considered the first Angel comic issue, although still a Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic publication.
- The photo cover includes a promotional picture for Buffy the Vampire Slayer season three.
- Differently from other representations, at this point the comic issues had vampires also able to transform into green creatures with red eyes, pointy ears, a wide mouth, and long teeth. Although, this seems more like an artistic choice, not having direct consequence to the stories.