| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, it has not been confirmed as part of the "real" Buffyverse.
|The Hollower, Part Two|
|Publication date||June 09, 1999|
|Angel: The Hollower #2|
The Hollower, Part One
The Hollower, Part Three
|Published by||Dark Horse Comics|
|Cover artist(s)|| Jeff Matsuda,|
Jon Sibal &
Following an encounter with a figure from his past, Angel must now face a horror that he had thought long destroyed. The monster, however, could hold the key to Angel’s salvation… or his destruction! Jumping from the pages of Buffy the Vampire Slayer comes the heroic, tortured vampire Angel in his own three-issue series!
- Catherine DeLancie
- Drusilla (Only in flashbacks)
- Rupert Giles
- Alexander Harris
- Willow Rosenberg
- Spike (Only in flashbacks)
- Buffy Summers
Organizations and Titles
- Sunnydale, USA
- Vienna, Austria-Hungary (Only in flashbacks)
Weapons and Objects
- Two unidentified vampires, killed by the Hollower.
- Unknown number of humans, bitten by various vampires (only in flashbacks).
- Unknown number of vampires including Karl, killed by the Hollower (only in flashbacks).
- An unidentified vampire, staked by Buffy Summers.
Behind the Scenes
- Published even before the homonym television show, it’s considered the first Angel comic issue, although still a Buffy the Vampire Slayer Classic publication.
- The photo cover includes a promotional picture for Buffy the Vampire Slayer season two.
- Differently from other representations, at this point the comic issues had vampires also able to transform into green creatures with red eyes, pointy ears, a wide mouth, and long teeth. Although, this seems more like an artistic choice, not having direct consequence to the stories.