| The subject of this article is non-canonical.|
While created as part of licensed material, the novel series The Lost Slayer takes place in an alternate universe, and as such is not part of the "real" Buffyverse.
|The Lost Slayer|
|Publication date||January 2003|
|Published by||Pocket Books|
The Lost Slayer was a series of four novels written by Christopher Golden. It was later collected together in one omnibus paperback.
- Dark Times
- King of the Dead
- Original Sins
The majority of the novel is set in an alternate future where Rupert Giles is turned into a vampire and thus leads the vampires in a mass uprising against the human population, keeping Buffy Summers locked up and imprisoned in an attempt to cut off the Slayer line. In this new future, Anya and Joyce are killed in a vampire attack led by Spike, Oz now freely shifts between his wolf and human forms, Xander is a more ruthless soldier, Wesley is the Watcher for the new slayer Anna- Faith having been killed a few months before the scenes in the future begin-, and Angel has been trapped in a mystic sphere which freezes his body in the moment after he has been staked by Giles, resulting in his demise the moment he is released from the sphere.
- Buffy Summers
- Rupert Giles
- Xander Harris
- Willow Rosenberg
- Wesley Wyndam-Pryce
- Lucy Hanover
- Parker Abrams
Behind the Scenes
- Prophecies: 'Buffy's closest enemy is closer than she thinks'.
- Dark Times: 'Buffy's most frightening nightmare's have become a reality'.
- King of the Dead: 'Buffy faces an adversary who was once her most trusted mentor'.
- Original Sins: 'Can Buffy defeat a foe who not only knows her techniques - but helped her develop them?'
- The Initiative was mentioned in the third book, but it was apparently decimated during Giles's takeover of Sunnydale.