|Buffy Comic Issue|
|The Origin, Part One|
|Publication date||January 13, 1999|
|Published by||Dark Horse|
|Written by|| Dan Brereton|
|Colorist(s)|| Jeromy Cox|
first issue in series
The Origin, Part Two
- The events take place before Buffy went to Sunnydale (Before Season 1 of the TV Show).
- There's a scene in this issue that resembles the scene from Buffy's time at Hemery High in Becoming, Part One, when Buffy meets Merrick for the first time.
- Buffy Summers
- Joyce Summers
- Hank Summers
- Robert Berman
- Unidentified Bar Maiden Slayer
- Unidentified Dark Ages Slayer
- Unidentified Hong Kong Prostitute Slayer
- Mr. Howard (only mentioned)
- Consuela (only mentioned)
- Maryanne Heinel (only mentioned)
- Tyler (only mentioned)
- Hemery High School Dance
Weapons and Objects
- a vampire, killed by Unidentified Bar Maidens Slayer.
- Unidentified Bar Maidens Slayer, killed by Lothos.
- Grueller, killed by Bessel;
- Robert Berman, killed by Buffy.
Behind the Scenes
- This comic book is considered canon because it is a faithful adaptation from Joss Whedon's original screenplay from the feature film, updating the material to match the tone and characters of the television series.
Pop Culture References
- When speaking to Merrick for the first time, Buffy asks "Does Elvis talk to you?" referring to Elvis Presley (1935-1977).