|"The Spread of Their Evil, Part One"|
|Publication date||November 23, 2016|
|Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Eleven #1|
first issue in series
"In Time of Crisis, Part Two"
|Published by||Dark Horse Comics|
|Cover artist(s)|| Steve Morris|
Special 30th Anniversary Cover
|Letterer(s)|| Richard Starkings|
Life is good for Buffy and the Scoobies with everyone finally finding a happy and calm place in their lives. But when a supernatural disaster wreaks havoc on their very existence, and the entire city of San Francisco, they are forced back into fighting form..
- The events of this issue take place after "Own It, Part Five".
- Buffy Summers
- Willow Rosenberg
- Xander Harris
- Dawn Summers
- Rupert Giles
- Robert Dowling
- Calliope Strachan
- President Malloy
- Vice-President of USA
- Andrew Wells (only mentioned)
Organization and Titles
Weapons and Objects
- 1 demon of the vermiin mysteriis genus, killed by Buffy;
- unknown number of people, killed by the vermiin mysteriis demon;
- unknown number of people, including slayers, killed by the San Francisco tsunami.
Behind the Scenes
- The variant cover features a "deleted scene" from the issue, written by Christos Gage and art by Rebekah Isaacs.
Pop Culture References
- Buffy mentions Sherlock Holmes, a fictional private detective created by British author Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
- Xander mentions Siri, an intelligent personal assistant and knowledge navigator, part of Apple Inc.'s iOS, watchOS, macOS, and tvOS operating systems.
- Giles mentions a demon genus called "vermiin mysteriis". De Vermis Mysteriis, or Mysteries of the Worm, is a fictional grimoire created by Robert Bloch and incorporated by H. P. Lovecraft into the lore of the Cthulhu Mythos.